New cuda ?

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
:wack:HAS ANYONE SEEN PICTS. OF THE 2015 "CUDA" ? I have seen picts. of the so called new concept cuda & I am not impressed. They have the pict. beside a pict. of a new Camaro. They all but look the same. Yes I know its only a concept car, but I think they are going in the wrong direction. I think the new Camaro is but *** ugly. What do you think? I just googled 69 barracuda picts. & just scrooled down & there it was

If you are talking about the blue concept, it's a fugly POS.

There has been ZERO information and ZERO photos of anything that is a supposed next gen 'Cuda. Reports out of Chrysler is, the Barracuda has been dropped and the next 2 door pony car will take a different name.

There has been ZERO information and ZERO photos of anything that is a supposed next gen 'Cuda. Reports out of Chrysler is, the Barracuda has been dropped and the next 2 door pony car will take a different name.

Heard it was going to be called Avenger.

Heard it was going to be called Avenger.

Yeah that's the rumor, but nothing is cast in stone. Aside from the cars moving from the LX platform to the new LA platform and using the HELLCAT supercharged Hemis nothing more is known right now.

ive seen picts. of yellow, red & black new cudas ill see if I can add some picts on here

Can someone clarify for me why we need a "New 'cuda"? What's the purpose? We've got Challenger, and Charger.

There's no effort by GM to produce a retro Firebird to compete with their own Camaro, and Ford doesn't seem to be in search of another Cougar to add competition to it's own Mustang. Why would Chrysler need something to compete with Challenger?

I'm not sure I understand the business logic in play here. Not being a wise ***, just asking a question.

the way I heard it the challenger will be axed and the new "SRT" (not Plymouth, not dodge but SRT) cuda is to fill the void

as far as im concerned...they can keep it

timthumb.php

I guess this is the concept for the Cuda.

Or this one....

timthumb.php

Those are a couple of smart looking contemporary 2 door coupes. That will compete well with other contemporary 2 door coupes.

The first one (Gray)has a new Dart look to the front end with the 'Cuda gills on the fender.

The second one (blue) has a bit of the new Corvette in its look.

Hopefully neither will have the rear window treatment of the Camero.

They are not a retro or evolutionary version of the Challenger or 'Cuda. Chrysler could use the 'Cuda name on the SRT brand. But that would lead to the old school folks to go on like the previous posts in this thread. So a name like SRT Avenger wouldn't carry that conversation on.

If these are RWD Hemi Cars they could carry the SRT 'Cuda or Road Runner name, capitalizing on its Performance heritage.
The base four cylinder version could be STR Avenger and the Turbo could be the SRT Road Runner. Just a thought.

Attachments

• timthumb-1.php.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 287
  • timthumb.php.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 278
not to change the subject but has anyone notice the similarities of the new viper & vett ?

none of those cars are concepts they are just renderings and we are not getting a cuda.

Top Speeds rendering of the 2015 SRT Barracuda looks alot like the Camaro but is pretty nice with the shaker hood...Either way I would take it I'll bet its alot of fun to drive...Bill:cheers:

-
Back