New Dart owner in KS

-
Reaction score
Hi, I just picked up a 69 Dart GT Sport Custom. I have a few things I want to change on it, but it is close to how I want it. I was turned on to this forum by a friend. I've been into cars/trucks/motorcycles as long as I can remember, and I work at a local rod & custom shop. I hope to get some valuable information here and make some new friends. I also would like to find a few parts to get my Dart how I want it. It looks like this is a pretty cool forum.

Welcome, there is more knowledge here then we have in the White House..

Welcome! I'm up in KC. If you can't find the info you need here using the search function, just ask in the right forum and you'll have an answer within minutes!

Cool, thanks guys. Is there a classified section that I haven't had a chance to locate here yet? I need to get my rear center section swapped out... its a 489 case with 4.56 gears and a spool. I'd like to get another 489 case with 3.55 or 3.91 gears and a sure grip. Gonna see if I can work a trade with someone. I also picked up a stock hood for it. My Dart has a fiberglass cowl induction hood on it and I'm gonna get rid of that too.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Post some pics of your Dart. We love car ****.
I'm also in 'build mode' on a '69 Dart.

Thanks guys! Its a 340. I tried to post a picture but its too big of a file. I'll re size it and see if it will post.

The first 2 pics are when I picked it up, the last one is when I got it home. I've taken all the stickers off the windows and done a few things that it needed. I have a new signal switch on order to get the signals and brake lights working right, and I have a good stock hood to paint and get rid of the fiberglass cowl induction hood. I also ordered a bumble bee stripe to go around the back. It has a full cage in it and was being used for drag racing, but I want it more streetable, so I need to replace the 4.56 gears and spool center section with a sure grip and 3.55 or 3.91 gears. I replaced all the ball joints and tie rod ends/sleeves, and put in a new radiator and electric fan. The ball joints and outer tie rod ends were not right when I got them at the autoparts store... they were smaller than what was on the car, but looked the same. After some digging around, it seems that someone changed to brakes/spindles from a Dodge Polara. I got them all fixed now, and aligned. It drives great (except the spool rear end) and the 340 is built pretty nasty with 360 ported heads.

Attachments

• dart1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 200
  • dart2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Dart3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 197
Welcome to Fabo and beautiful Dart! I lived in Doodah for 40 years, were you at the WAM meet this year?

Welcome,you have close by nebulous how do they like the Dart? LOL.A few shake there fists at me sometimessssssssssssss

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't at the WAM meet this year but my dad got out there. All the neighbors are pretty cool, but they all know when I fire up the dart, for sure ha!

Welcome,sweet Dart.Love the green.any E.T. slips from the last owner by chance?Just curious.

Welcome, looks great..Love the garage...

That is one tough looking Dart..have fun with that bad boy! Would love to hear what she sounds like!!

-
Back