New disc brake swap and calipers sticking

-

Steve77

Reaction score
I just finished installing a pirate jacks disc brake kit on my 70 Dart. I bled the brakes and the front calipers are locked solid. If I crack the bleeder a little fluid squirts out and releases the pressure. My first thought was the pedal rod was too long but that isn’t the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are the brake lines hooked up properly at the M/C? Front disc brakes to the large reservoir and rear brakes to the small reservoir.

How did you determine the brake rod was not the problem? And do you have the front brake line connected to the large section of the master?

Are the brake lines hooked up properly at the M/C? Front disc brakes to the large reservoir and rear brakes to the small reservoir.

I have the big reservoir going to the top port on the distribution block and the small reservoir going to the port on the front side on the bottom.

I disconnected it and it didn’t change anything.

you have a restriction In the front brake circuit somewhere. More than likely not both hoses more likely in the master or brake distribution block or metering valve. Can you post a pic of your plumbing?

Lock em up again and try cracking the line at the master cylinder

If you lift up (rearward) on the brake pedal, is there loosness in the pushrod?

The other test for a long pushrod is to loosen the M/C nuts a bunch and see if the problem goes away.

I had this happen when I did my brakes. My M/C was fine but I had to rebleed the calipers and make sure I depressed the pistons in the calipers all the way down. I also reeled all of my lines.

-
Back