new disc spindles

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I stumbled onto a pair of NEW 73-6 a body disc spindles with caliper brackets. $175, is this a good price??. no nut or washer, I know those are at he parts store though.

anyone?????? I see used setups going for what $350 and up, this is NEW spindles and caliper brackets. $175 for the pair. I figure that's got to be decent as if I buy used set, I still would need new rotars, ( too heavy to pay shipping on rotars) bearings, pads, and calipers anyway.

Sounds like a good price to me!!! Don't remember what I paid for my spindles and brackets but I know it wasn't much less than that???

Treblig

they advertise them as 62-74 B/E spindles. I understand the 73-6 A body and 70- 4 E body spindles are the same, I have no idea about the B body part!!???? I thought the b body spindle was different??????

they advertise them as 62-74 B/E spindles. I understand the 73-6 A body and 70- 4 E body spindles are the same, I have no idea about the B body part!!???? I thought the b body spindle was different??????

Yes, check out the "BIGBLOCKDART" website posted by "joel". This is the site I used to get all the info I needed for my swap. I have a set of '73 charger spindles/brackets on my '69 Barracuda. I did have to get the Moog off set bushing to get my alignment where I wanted it. The work perfectly with no issues, been over two years now. You will need the LBJ UCA.

treblig

Might be kind of careful, couple of years ago there were some aftermarket spindles that were recalled. My brother bought a kit and ended up having to swap them out after we go them on the car. I guess they had some spindles break.

So, just be careful that those "low cost" spindles aren't either left over rejects or one's that were never returned.

Not saying they are, just a heads up.

The 73 up a body v/8 disc brake spindle is the same only with the 73-74 e body . talking about the 62-74 a, b, and e body's. The early years of b bodies with disc used different bearing, 70-72 b and e disc spindle used different bearing. The 73 up a body disc spindle has same bearing size as 73-74 e body disc. The f body has same bearing size but knuckle itself is designed differently because of rubber biscuits between frame and k-member

-
Back