New Durango any good?

-
My boss just got a 2016 Durango R/T a few months ago. So far he and his wife love it. I have not been in it unfortunatly, he says it's pretty quick.

I'm a collision repair tech. I have worked on these and many other modern Mopars. In my opinion, they are garbage. In fact, all modern Mopars are on my list of cars I will never buy.

I would seriously recommend looking for an equivalent vehicle by another manufacturer.
I am in collision repair as well, 8 years and counting. The modern stuff is getting so fragile, a new fender for a crossover feels like a couple loafs of bread weigh wise, and razor sharp on the edges as well due to the thin metal. What I have noticed with the newer GM's is that it does not take much to set off the curtain air bags. 2 deer hits in the last 4 months that the deer hit the fender, and spun back around into the door triggering the side impact sensor, locking up the front seat belt extenders and tensioners, one seat air bag, and both curtain air bags. Did another one that hit a cow this summer too. One was a Traverse I just painted yesterday.

Buddy has a durango r/t, looks bad ***. is quick, feels tight and drives very nice. Like someone said earlier, new cars are all thin metal and plastic with light parts and get totaled out very easy. I would buy one.

-
Back