New Duster

-

Carlb87

Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased a 74 gold duster 78000mi (supposidly) on the /6 with a factory 3 speed on the floor:burnout:. You guys have a lot of good info on here and know ill be using this site a lot. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Not new to cars or mopars but deffently no expert on either.
So first question for you guys. Where exactly should the engine id tag be. Id like to find out if it is the original engine. That way I know what way I want to go with it. If its the origonal motor I think ill try and restore it as close as I can. If not no rules!

DSCF2934.jpg

DSCF2932.jpg

DSCF2931.jpg

thats pretty nice,if it were mine it would get turboed great sleeper.welcome to fabo

Welcome! Great looking car. Not many slants get replaced because they are hard to kill. It's on the side of the block though. Numbers matching slant don't mean much to people so it's really what you want. Do you want a restored original or a modified hot rod?

welcome aboard ! looks like nice ride , im not sure on the 6 cylinder engine id location , im sure someone will chime in on that or you can always start another post .

Thanks guys. I did find the numbers on the block and it is not the original motor. But no complaints. I looks lik it is a 225 instead of a 198 which according to the fender tag was what the original was. So anything goes with this car. I think ill keep the /6 in it. with that 225 it goes pretty good. so I think I will just build it up a little.

I think you should definitely keep the ol' six banger.

Reliable as heck and bullet proof. I would like to tweak mine to get the best MPG as possible. A cool car needs to be driven..... and gas ain't getting any cheaper.

[quotei think you should definitely keep the ol' six banger.

Reliable as heck and bullet proof][/quote]

x2^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks guys. Ya I like the reliability of the six an think that it would be cool to have a car that might get,good enough milage to actually drive it.

-
Back