New E bay Scam alert

-

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just received this in my junk box of my e-mail.. I never had this transaction. New Scam?
Nothing from e-bay in the messages. Sure did look like it came from e-bay

You got my $500 2 weeks ago and there is no response from you .. I reported you to PayPal and if you don`t answer in 2 days i will contact FBI..

- andrews92122

Think maybe he got you confused with someone else ??

I just received this in my junk box of my e-mail.. I never had this transaction. New Scam?

You got my $500 2 weeks ago and there is no response from you .. I reported you to PayPal and if you don`t answer in 2 days i will contact FBI..

- andrews92122

Email him back, tell him you've reported him to the FBI for Fraud and extortion.

I made sure my account was not hacked into along with the PayPal. It is kind of slick but if he/she asked for a 15.00 item it might just be believable. It did look just like a message from E Bay but not from them.

sounds like a scam to me
no item number, no description of supposed parts sold
I would forward the email to ebay

I did already and it had an item number, if you clicked on it it asked for your security question. I would have done it but it is to early to have had that many beers!

If it came from ebay it will be in your message box on your My ebay page. Only respond through e-bay. I bet dollars it is not in your my ebay message inbox.

SCAM!

If it came from ebay it will be in your message box on your My ebay page. Only respond through e-bay. I bet dollars it is not in your my ebay message inbox.

SCAM!

No it was not, but it sure looked like it was from fleabay.

I get that **** all the time since I am an avid ebay user.
Get them from paypal as well.

Unless it's in your my ebay page or your paypal home page its bogus.

I hope you copied and pasted the ebay number and didn't click a hyperlink in the e-mail.

Run a virus and malware scan in safe mode if you clicked a hyperlink.

Email him back, tell him you've reported him to the FBI for Fraud and extortion.

never ever email a scammer back. report it to ebay, for all the good that does, and if possible, to paypal. do not contact the sender directly, ever. If at all use ebay "mail" system.

i hate ebay. they have made everything you do on that thing hard to deal with

I have never bought or sold on eBay. I have a feeling if I started I would start buyying all sorts of crap and getting bogus emails like this.

Another one to watch out for is a US Bank scam. My boss got a call sayying she owed the bank 1500 and she has never in her life had an account with them. Buddy she let them have it over the phone to. They told her she would be arrested the same day if she didn't pay and she is still a free women.

Best of luck and always contact the company the email claims to be from before making a move.

I have bought truckloads off eBay and never had one bad experience. If its not a message through eBay its bs .

- andrews92122

Don't you owe me $500 also

I also bought stuff from e bay. Windshield gaskets when they were tough to get, clips and what not, never a problem, yet. LOL

I have a700+ feedback and this was the first time a scammer tried anything.

-
Back