New England Salvage Yards?

-

Tonto7

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any salvage yards in Eastern NY state, CT, or MA that still have any mid 60's inventory? Everything available seems to be out in the western desert states.

There are a couple.. In MA there is one in Bernardston called bernardston auto salvage. There is also one near Milford NH which specializes in A B C autos from the 50s 60s and 70s Winkel auto parts. He has everything you could need. It has been a while since I have been out there he is right on Rt13. As far as i know he still has a great selection of cars... The spelling might not be right. Only thing about Winkel is you will need to clear the whole day. Good guy just likes to talk Mopar.. I am not sure of any others that I can think of off the top of my head..

Happy hunting.

Most anything decent is out in PA,...all the good ones have been closed here in eastern CT,...bought out by real estate moguls or closed by tree huggers,...M & J's in Colchester Ct. gets an oldie now and again, but It won't be cheap...

There used to be a yard in Salem Mass. called A&H Auto Salvage. They had stacks of old cars from the 50's to 90's. I have not lived in Salem Mass since 1996 so I am not sure if they are still in business.

In roterdame junction ny there's a place called sunshine auto. I've never been but a friend of mine was telling me he has mopar. 518-887-2330

Thanks. I think I went to this place back in the '70's and got a fender for my '63 Valiant ... and poison ivy.

Where in ct. are you from, if I may ask? I live in the northwest corner of CT. and theres a couple old junyards around this area that still have old mopars.

I thought I saw one a little north of Jiminy peak area on my last ski trip,...somewhere between Petersburg NY, and Williamstown Mass,...where NY, Mass, and Vermont meet...

What are you looking for?Still lots of parts hiding in garages and sheds around here.

I'm in Enfield, but am somewhat familiar with NW CT. What places do you know of?

'66 Dart, and '65 Valiant parts. I'm trying to help a friend whose cars were damaged during Irene last August. Need instrument clusters for example.

theres an old junkyard in sheffield Mass. ( just above the CT state line.) I was just there last fall, and there's still a few old mopars there, and I belive theres some old Barracudas, and Valiants, Darts, scamps. There just off Rt. 7

I think they are drying up everywhere...

Agreed! I think that is the reason for a few less vendors at Carlisle too. Not many cars to strip for parts and the aftermarket parts are getting plentiful.

-
Back