New episode of what's this part ?

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tonight I have a brake valve I believe is off a 65 ish A body. Can anyone ID his ?
20240925_193936.jpg
20240925_193951.jpg
20240925_193907.jpg

Thanks for looking !

I've never seen anything like it. That certainly doesn't mean much. lol

possibly a body, definitely 65-67gm(corvette) and ford 65-66(t-bird, mustang) ,adjustable prop valve for disc brake optioned cars. It's also rebuildable. I believe the residual valve is still installed on the rear supply line.

It's an inline proportioning valve for an early A ('66 and earlier, single-circuit master cylinder) with Kelsey-Hayes disc brakes. it installs in the line from the distribution block to the rear brakes. The smaller inline cylindrical part is a residual valve.
1727356825951.png

The guy told me a *rare valve off a 65/66 Valiant * Googled # on it bsrt I csn read it says Kelsey Hayes 56632 .
GM ,Corvette. Ppps up. Somebody throw a value at it ! Please, and if it's needed on a normal car.

The guy told me a *rare valve off a 65/66 Valiant * Googled # on it bsrt I csn read it says Kelsey Hayes 56632 .
GM ,Corvette. Ppps up. Somebody throw a value at it ! Please, and if it's needed on a normal car.
No, not used on a four wheel drum brake system.
By the way, what's a "normal car"? I don't think any of us have normal cars! :lol:

I believe early A, but I'm not positive. I remember it on my Grandma's car many years ago, when I had to put her spare on. I think it was a '65 Dart.

I stand corrected, but I knew it was a jack cover. Old age. For the record, my Grandma had slant 6 Darts and Valiants from the early '60's until her last one in '76. I guess the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

I stand corrected, but I knew it was a jack cover. Old age. For the record, my Grandma had slant 6 Darts and Valiants from the early '60's until her last one in '76. I guess the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.
I am curious, how long did she keep them untill trading in? I figure high mileage in the 70s was 60K and 12 K a year maybe 5 years tops? People didnt commute like today.

She was disabled and lived in St. Petersburg, not far from the beach. She only had a carport, so they weathered(rusted) pretty quickly. All her children and inlaws pitched in to buy her a new one every 2 to 3 years.

-
Back