New ET. I'm slower.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
The best ET for my car has been a 11.78 @ 118mph, but I have made some changes.

from slicks to E-70 14 Red line tires, from SS springs to HD Mopar springs, from headers and 3" exhaust to Stock 340 manifolds and 2 1/2" TTI X-Pipe system, from electric water pump drive and electric fan to the stock fan and shroud, from drag clutch to more of a street clutch, from open air cleaner to stock silenced air cleaner, from Hurst shifter to my stock Inland.

My engine is the #s matching 340, with crower roller cam, ported stock heads,

My new times......60" = 1.92, 1/8th = 8.609 @ 82.43mph, 1/4 = 13.297 @ 104.93mph.

On redline tires you're lucky it went that fast. The exhaust is prolly your biggest engine killer too.

onehellofadart said:
Why did you make the changes? Where you looking to go faster or where you looking to go back to stock?

I made the changes to go back to a more stock look. Now, with the hood down my car looks as delivered from the factory. I think I could be faster if I can learn to get off the line better with the tires im running. I made no changes at the track.

BTW with Stock manifolds and TTI exhaust (i got the optional dynomax ultra flows) my sound was 92.4db and my track has a limit of 90db after 10pm, so I got kicked for sound.

slantzilla said:
On redline tires you're lucky it went that fast. The exhaust is prolly your biggest engine killer too.

YES! I did notice a change when I went back to the manifolds. The redlines are, um, fun? To try to launch on. :wack: I have a bunch of respect for the FAST class guys now.

The point of this post it to show what things can add up to. Street vs strip car. Some other changes were.... From drag shocks to street. From 6 cylinder to stock 340 S torsion bars. Removal of the pinion snubber (I just need to fab a shorter one to fit the Dana 60).

1968FormulaS340 said:
The best ET for my car has been a 11.78 @ 118mph, but I have made some changes.

from slicks to E-70 14 Red line tires, from SS springs to HD Mopar springs, from headers and 3" exhaust to Stock 340 manifolds and 2 1/2" TTI X-Pipe system, from electric water pump drive and electric fan to the stock fan and shroud, from drag clutch to more of a street clutch, from open air cleaner to stock silenced air cleaner, from Hurst shifter to my stock Inland.

My engine is the #s matching 340, with crower roller cam, ported stock heads,

My new times......60" = 1.92, 1/8th = 8.609 @ 82.43mph, 1/4 = 13.297 @ 104.93mph.

From 118mph to 104mph is a huge drop. We went from 113 to 109 with my fathers F.A.S.T. legal aar cuda. Thats also a pretty darn good 60' for those tires, most fast guys are right around there. Those HD duty springs will end up hurting you as will a pinnion snubber. Thats the neat thing about the fast class though, you have to think outside the box, you can't go out and buy the standard go fast goodies.

-
Back