New Exhaust questions

-

'70DartSwinger

Reaction score
Its come time to get new exhaust on the 1970 dodge dart swinger.

Whats the best set up to run?

I think i want to run stainless, i need new tips.

Does anyone know where i can get tips?

What mufflers should i run, i want to get headers as well what kind should i get?

smallblock or bigblock car?

TTI or Dougs headers are the only 2 headers I would buy. They are expensive, but worth the money cause they fit the best and your center link doesn't have to go through them.

Pypes Exhaust has a pretty neat stainless exaust system thats available in all stainless...TTI also has an exhaust system, and also jets and summit has their own exhaust system for our cars...all depends on what you want...

I run 304 stainless custom bent with hedman tight tube headers , headers dropped in in 25 minutes . Hardeswt part was taking out spark plugs .
tail pipes http://www.accurateltd.com/A-Body-Stainless-Tips-68-69-Barracuda-70-Dart-Swinger_p_156.html a bit pricey but nice . They sell complete exhaust as well , many places do these days .

Here are pics of my system installed http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117019&page=4 , dynomax super turbo mufflers , not SS but don't drive car in rain or winter , if they go SS mufflers will go on .

summit exhaust fit pretty well
TTI headers are a most

thats what I run

for other company I dont know if they have fitment issue

well i went and got a price today, i think im keeping my stock manifolds and not going stainless
so ill be running 2 1/4 exhaust with flowmaster 40's
hopefully will be getting done next week

When I do mine since im not rich im gonna go the headman block hugger/shorty type headers but im not sure on the exhaust..mine is the Summit type right now and its "ok" it is decent but I would like a nicer/better sound...its is decent mufflers are on the quiet side for a muscle car IMO.

Ive also like you thought about(since its not a race car) doing stock type exhaust but all I have is one side of the stock exhaust the other side cracked getting it off :(

005-1.jpg

Waiting for the video , looks like you have a good system in place , should sound very good !

Does the video work or does it take you to my photo bucket account?
Im going to make a better video when i get more time.

-
Back