New fish in the sea

-
Welcome to FABO, there is an awesome Early A body section on this forum.
Lets see some pics of your Cuda.

Welcome! I love those small blocks too. If you can clean up the ports and get a decent valve job, add dual exhaust, four barrel carb and hipo intake you can have quite a snappier car. Changing the camshaft to a hotter profile will add significantly to the above. Also you might have a 2.76 rear axle ratio and changing the gears to a 3.23 or shorter legs will change the performance even more (at the cost of fuel economy). I wouldn't spend the money for headers but that's just me. About as good as it gets without changing to a larger engine or force feeding it with a blower or turbo. Start with the exhaust as you can add the other items as money/opportunity avail.
:burnout:

There's a big early A group here so welcome aboard. As 67hfish suggested ,4 barrel carb, free flowing exhaust, electronic ignition, rear gear are all good performance adds. toolmanmike

Take a look around in the threads these great members have posted :cheers:
And let me say Welcome aboard :cheers: you have found the best site going for tech advice and to enjoy other members builds :color: Jump on in and enjoy :coffee2:

-
Back