New Forum sub heading.

-

cavemanmoron

Reaction score
Kool, I saw someone had asked for a Racing forum.

Speed Costs $$.

How fast can you spend the $$. LOL.

:)

The new forum will be great. I plan to race my car and I know I will have many questions when I start sorting it out.

I agree, this is a freakin great idea and plan to spend some time here. Speaking of help. Anyone running SS springs at the track and ever have them de-arched? I'm running 30x13.50's out back now and the ride height is too high. Rake angle from front to back is 3.75" and the front needs to come down 1.25." I need to get the back down 4"!!! Is this a straight translation from ride height to how much de-arching the springs need? If you or anyone you know has done this please let me know as much as you can on this, like price, max adjustments, etc. I don't want to have to get new springs.

A customer's car is running de-arched SS leafs. It costs about $100 around me. Another thought, if your driveline can take it, is to use the two hole front spring hanger. It will lower the back another inch, but also changes the angle of attack on the pinion..so you will need to correct the pinion angle, and it does "hit" the tires harder when you launch. On my Cuda, I found it tended to spin more with the top hole used, so I reset mine. His car is more of a road racer, but this setup would work well with no rear sway bar and good drag tires.

You can get 2 inches by using a lowering block between the spring and the spring perch. Use only the steel ones ! The aluminum ones tend to shatter.

scan0002.jpg

I'd say those S/S springs are arched for a reason. I plan on running a set on my 73 duster 360 in progress.

-
Back