new front end

-

pauly v.100

Reaction score
had this done for a couple of weeks. bad pics from cell phone i'll use good camera when i crawl under to re-torque everything, missing in pics is shocks, i wanted the bilsteins but they cost more than i can pay. have a set of kyb's ready to go on, for now i've driven with the drag shocks that were on it and i'm still havin a blast going around long bends in the road.
it handles so much nicer than before.
thanks to dick at firm feel, mancini, ar engineering and a bunch of others to totally transform my car. - aloha

0606091805b.jpg

0606091807a.jpg

0606091809a.jpg

0606091808a.jpg

IMG_1210_1.jpg

IMG_1204_1.jpg

nice but where is the stabilizer bar ? It's next on your list ?

yep, helwigs but after next week i'll have chick on board so not sure when i'll get to that. i might go for a cage before sway bars, and definitely aluminum radiator, but as i said after next week it could be all over, we'll see.

well with a priority like that coming then it will be easier and cheaper to get the swaybar done before the cage for sure! #1 swaybar = better ride, benifit to her, yes! cost factor is low. #2 aluminum radiator = cooler car, benefit to her??? cost factor again fairly low. #3 cage = safety , benefit to her? maybe, but not really. cons getting in and out of car, cost factor higher than rest of choices. so with that being said hurry up and get the swaybar! = fun factor for both!

heh heh, she gets the dart.
the reason for cage is evident everytime i put it on jack stands, when i let the front down from floor jack onto stands it drops an extra inch or more at the front after landing on stands. theres a whole lot of flex in there.
poly everything, including firm feels greasable lca bushings, adjustable struts, bigger tie rods, 1.06 t-bars, 98 viper calipers using andy's kit, reinforced k member and lcas, reman steering box.
yet to install: new master, proportioning valve, b body rear with 11" brakes, kyb shocks. all those things are in my shop ready to go on the car but i'm to busy trying to clean/paint/sanitize my apt. getting ready for new occupant, basically wiping away the bachelor stuff :)

i may have to get a booster seat for the dart so she can see over the wheel lol. she's not very tall.
i'm going to manila next week, my third trip there, and after six long months and alot of legal crap she'll finally get to come back with me.
...yeah, i'm stoked!!

manila 058_1.jpg

Manila Feb 09 041_1.jpg

Manila Feb 09 198_1.jpg

yeah those are nice. i also have a set of firewall to fender braces from a parts car that might help too. my firewall doesn't have a provision to mount them so i'll have to fab something up.

hey Pauly! Lookin' Good....and the Car too!

Aloha Buddy!

Looks like all is well for this 4th of July!

Mike

torque boxes? what size t bars you running? i love driving my 74 duster with which pretty much just has 920s, kybs cordoba rotors, espo 6 leafs, prothane hd shackles and nylon front eye bushings and 17" bullits. it handles pretty damn good without a sway bar. i cant wait for the rest on my list. rms strut rods and uppers, weld in connectors, and a sway bar. a cage would be last on my list for a street car.

I am woundering if a suspension rebuild kit from Just Suspension that a guy ordered for a 1973-1976 Dodge & Plmouth A bodies (Front discs), is compatible with a 72 demon (front disc) Any help?

I am woundering if a suspension rebuild kit from Just Suspension that a guy ordered for a 1973-1976 Dodge & Plmouth A bodies (Front discs), is compatible with a 72 demon (front disc) Any help?

i think the spindles and ball joints are smaller on pre-73 models

hey Pauly! Lookin' Good....and the Car too!

Aloha Buddy!

Looks like all is well for this 4th of July!

Mike

hey mike, howsit hope the 4th was noisy and safe lol
i'm lucky i guess, i can see aloha tower and magic island fireworks from same chair! ...ooohs and aaahs lol

-
Back