New fuel line issues!!

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
Bought 3/8's prebent fuel line from the padock. The bend that go's around the frame in front of the rear tire was not bent wide enough to fit the frame! So now when we try to bend it to fit, the other areas go off!! Anybody else experience this? I will call the Paddock Mon. I am almost ready to just buy -6 stainless steel fuel hose from summit and run that from the tank forward. Anybody know if this is legal for the street and track? I appreciate the input!

Stainless steel or mild steel lines are all acceptable, just don't use copper tubing. You will find that SS is harder to bend.

try the "blue" Aeroquip pushloc hose and fittings, it is very easy to work with and 100% legal.

I bought a new 3/8 fuel line from the Paddock for my 68 a couple yrs back and it didn't fit perfect but I was able to manipulate it enough to make it fit.

BTW if you think it's hard to get that one to fit you'll think twice if you get the stainless bulk hose. That stuff's a real bugger to bend. Like the guys said aluminum or Aeroquip is the way to go. I think Aeroquip's aluminum too but not positive.

I just took my 3/8" right stuff pre-bent line out of the box. They bend it in half. Any tips on how to get it straightened out so it will fit correctly under the car?

It looks OK where it goes around the frame, I just need to unbend it from when it was shipped.

FuelLine.jpg

-
Back