New guy from Ct.

-

tom340

Reaction score
Guess this is the best place to start..Im Tom, Im from Litchfield county Conn. I have a '70 Duster 340 ,Top Bananna yellow, auto.. My immediate family has been into MoPar for a long time, MY first was a Challenger Rallye back in 1981. Our fathers always had MoPars, a custom late 1940's Dodge with a Hemi he had when I was a kid. He bought a '66 Sport Fury 383 4bbl new and now has my grandfathers '69 Sport Fury 383. I'm on my second Duster 340, the first one I had to bail on back in '97 (ran outta room, time and $$$) This time I'm seeing it through. My brother also shares the MoPar bloodline, he has had a nice B5 70 T/A Challenger, a one of 171 70 'Cuda Conv. 340 auto which he did rotisserie, a '69 Barracuda w/ 340, a beautiful '71 Demon 340 in PlumCrazy (car was HOT) and is now on a '70 Chally R/T 383 resto-mod.
I have some cool memories as a kid being with my dad racing his Hemi Dodge on the street, and later his 66 Fury (big block 4 spd) against an Olds 442 in Brooklyn and some mid 60's Stangs- all wins.. Oh yea, a few 1st rides in some Mopar iron right off the showroom floor. Uncle Bobs '70 Duster 340 in Dk burnt orange (still has it) another uncles '69 Charger, my dads buddy who bought a '68 Charger 383 4 spd and of course my grandfathers '69 Spt Fury.
The whole Duster thing stuck, always been a favorite and I idolized Tom McEwens red "Mongoose" 70 Duster.
Anyhow still have a few things "to do" on my car, nearing completion of a nut and bolt rotisserie and l hunting for a few last items. I'll post a link to see some car pics, just go to the "car show" folder.
http://community.webshots.com/user/travlinman62

Welcome aboard Tom!
I believe I'm speaking for all of us when I say, we all share the same passion, or is that infatuation, maybe addiction.

Glad you joined up Tom!!
You was raised right and thank your folks around you for that.
We are glad to have you !! so jump on in and enjoy.

Thanks for the hospitality....I've been poking around the forum and enjoying the $h!t outta it.. Entered the little A body Plymouth in a local show saturday night and took (2) 1st place for best MoPar. One was the Connecticut Cruise News magazine. Wasn't a huge event like Carlisle, but still was a hoot to grab a handfull of trophies especially when I wasnt expecting it..

congratulations on a great mopar day 340tom.

Good to have ya Tom, welcome! :thumblef:

Motor 3.JPG

Welcome aboard..another '70 340 duster thats what i'm talking about..:thumbrig:

-
Back