New guy from "Down Under"

-

AussiePacer

Reaction score
Howdy and G'day to all. I have owned a variety of Oz and US Chryslers all my life. I have owned my current 1970 VG Valiant Pacer with a Hemi 6 motor now for 28 years and finished restoring her 4 years ago.
I recently went to the biggest Chrysler show in the Southern Hemi-spere where nearly 1000 Chryslers attended. Plent of nice A Bods there. I have provided a link for everyone to enjoy:
http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/npapas426/Chryslers%20On%20The%20Murray/?start=all

AussiePacer.png

MYPACER5.jpg

100_2562.jpg

100_1997.jpg

PACERINT1.jpg

PACERINT2.jpg

Sorry I took so long to introduce myself.
Great to be on a site dedicated to "A" Bods. :D
Cheers to everyone, Nick.

A warm SoCal welcome to you, AussiePacer! You're going to have fun here at FABO.
Great looking '70 Valiant. Still strange seeing all the controls over on the "wrong" side.
More pics!

Welcome to FABO AussiePacer!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Very nice car. Great detail. Thanks for sharing...

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race Side View in Pits.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 229
Welcome Nick, very impressive work on your Pacer and thanks for sharing the photo link to the show.

Welcome to the site mate !
Couple questions.
How close to factory (paint,parts) is your engine bay ?
What carb you running ?
Very nice car !

Nice pictures! Very cool cars! welcome to the site

Nice ride, welcome aboard. I love those " Sergeant in arms" on the fenders. Been to Oz 4 times. Have really good friends in Brisbane area. They have a 73' 440 Cuda (I got to drag race it at Willowbank) and a Aussie Charger 6pk with a cogger.Ray is also building another 73 Cuda blown.
Chris and Tammy White
73 Cuda 340 6pk 4 spd. 71 Dart swinger, 69 Valiant drag car, 73 Dodge 4X4 van

Welcome to the site mate !
Couple questions.
How close to factory (paint,parts) is your engine bay ?
What carb you running ?
Very nice car !

Howdy John the engine bay is painted the same as the entire car. The colour is called Bondi Bleach the valve covers and air cleaner are powder coated a "safety yellow" colour which it makes it a tad darker than the original yellow.
I'm running a 2 bbl carter carby and manifold at the moment only because the 4 bbl Holley wouldn't accomodate the air cleaner.
The red colour for the engine is off a different year Valiant and the engine now runs a worked 265 ci and Borg Warner 35 tranny.
About 80% of the parts are NOS which took me over 20 years to collect but worth it. The pics are nearly 4 years old now and the engine bay looks even better now with more period right parts on her.
Hope this was helpful.
Cheers, Nick.

Well that's a great car,well done.
Again welcome to the site.
PS: Bondi beach is awesome !

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the tidy and colorful engine bay especially. Make yourself at home and enjoy your new family.

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

You can already see how welcome they make you feel here Nick and there is lots of good advice.
Nice to see your Pacer - excellent resto mate
Gary :cheers:

Hi Aussiepacer from a fellow Aussie used to own a Hemi Orange E31 Pacer what a great car love yours

Glenn Dale

Wow man, looks like you had the best looking car there.

Love the engine compartment and how the colors pop out at you.....great looking ride!

-
Back