New guy, From Kentucky

-

Ol' kentucky

Reaction score
Hey FABO, Guy's and Gal's...!

Looking into getting my first car:blob:

As you can tell It's going to be a mopar.:glasses7:

Anyway need some advice, Looking at three cars at the moment. Tell me which you would pick, and whats the better deal.

1964 Dart GT
. 2 dr. 225 slant 6. Push button automatic trans.
fS1fZ.jpg

s0H9R.jpg

j2nDg.jpg

KiOMT.jpg

NjqpF.jpg

1970 Dart swinger
"What the description is, I have an original 50k mile '70 swinger 318 car. It is wearing its original dy3 paint and is virtually a rust free car. The body is in near mint condition with no damage. All doors and panels close and shut like new. Very dependable and great example of a 70 swinger. Great daily driver. Radio and heat work as well as horn and all other parts."
P6vw1.jpg

1972 Dodge Charger (yeah yeah, not a (A) Body :p)
has a 360 engine in the car now and also have the original 318 engine. currently the car is not runnin
NrLL2.jpg

i5BaH.jpg

6tJf2.jpg

Welcome. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the three. Let us know what you pull the trigger on.

Welcome to the site

any of the three would probably make a cool car. From your post, I'm guessing you are young since it is your 1st car. Look at it from economics, what is purchase price of each, what will it take to make it dependable, where can you find parts for it.

The Charger doesn't run, so might cost more to get it on the road

the 64 Dart looks good, but as old as it is and many parts not as easy to find.

the 70 Dart, parts from many years work on this car, if it is a running driveable car and looks decent as is would be my choice just for fact so many parts still available for it.

Good luck with your decision

keep us posted

wELCOME.tough choices.I would (if I were buying my first car on a budget).i would look at the 70 dart as its running and so called rust free(many are rust free till you dig into them).The charger looks the roughest but still manageable.The 64 looks the cleanest but looks like some rust creeping in the quarter.If you want a classic and can keep up with the maintnanace the 64 will be unique.I personally wouldn't muscle up the 64 as I like the way they look stock.If you want muscle the 70 or charger will get you there with a nod to the 70 dart for being lighter.Tough choice good luck.BTW if I hadn't just bought a 72 cuda MoreDart's 71 dart would probably be in my garage right now,just saying.
oh and here is what the 64 could look like
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=173403

Welcome to FABO Ol' Kentucky!

You will enjoy this site - Lots of good people and information

I absolutely agree with what Wildcat said - Let us know which way you go!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 for your viewing pleasure - More pictures in mygallery

Attachments

• DSC06497.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 139
I would note there is probably close to a 1,000 lbs difference between the darts and the charger, which means you would need a lot more HP in the charger to get the same performance. However, if you like big clocks the charger may be the proper choice. As a RPM addict I like small blocks and would chose the 70 dart.

Welcome!
As far as picking a vehicle goes choose whichever one you like best.My personal preference would be the '70 Dart the earlier ones are nice but maybe a bit more difficult as far as parts availability? The charger is a great looking vehicle and possibly a better investment but too big for my tastes.JMHO

as a daily driver i would take the running one lol ! the 70 dart is the easyest for a starter car & a blast to own, 67-76 a bodys are really cool !!!

Attachments

• D art 002.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 149
Welcome, the 70 Dart seems to me like the best choice. I think you will have more enjoyment for a longer time with it and you have more flexibility with what you might want to do with it plus parts would be a little easier to source. Good luck on your decision and let us know which way you go.

-
Back