New guy from SC

-

Swinger803

1973 Dart Swinger 225
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to Mopar and new to FABO. I recently picked up a 73 Dart Swinger. 70k original miles on a #s matching car. 225 slant 6. She's got some rust but nothing serious. Motor is strong and I'm already falling for her! I'll be posting pics very soon.I'm sure ill have some questions along the way..I'm located in Columbia SC..anyone local hit me up! Thanks for all the help in advance.

Welcome neighbor. I'm in the upstate near Clemson U.

welcome great to see more and more 73-76 swingers coming out

Welcome to FABO from the left coast SC - SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Welcome to FABO from the left coast SC - SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Early plans include tearing it down to see what's there..good, bad, and ugly. Followed by a good cleaning and paint. The car runs well already. This is my first slant, so there will be many hours spent learning the ins and outs..any advice is greatly appreciated! Awesome to find a few mopar guys here in SC..

if I may say there is a very big cult following on this site for the slant six but most of those guys have BIG money in them I would recommend a 318 with a 904 and an 8 1/4 to start with My own opinion is dont waste your time fooling with a slant six my first car was a 1973 swinger with a slant and with in the first week driving it quickly realized the slant was not going to do and began building my 360 small block

Heading down to my local body shop today. Getting estimates for the quarter panels and trunk..wish me luck. If its one thing I don't do..its body work! better left to an expert!

I definitely enjoy this site! I've already spent plenty of time just reading and learning from multiple forums. As for my pictures...the weather here hasn't allowed for any decent photo opporitunities. Off on Monday so the pictures will be posted late in the afternoon.

As for my trip to the local body shop: I've learned one valuable lesson...

...It's time to learn to do body work!!!!!

Tinkered around a bit this weekend when the weather permitted. Replaced a leaky oil pressure switch and did a much needed oil change.

I'll be starting a thread Monday to chronicle the restoration of the Swinger.

Looking foward to pics body work is a BEOTCH I know its worth the money saving up and paying a expert thats my opinion

-
Back