New guy from Waco, TX

-

adamsredlines

'69 Dart
Reaction score
Greetings fellow Mopar buffs!
I'm Adam, im 26 and live in Waco Texas.
I am about to dive into the A-body world but I am not new to cars/modding.

My stable consists of an 04 Ram that started life as a 4.7 and now has a 5.7 Hemi...and a turbo.
My "daily driver" is an 05 Magnum RT that is about to get a Comp 268 camshaft and SRT8 exhaust.

But this site is for Abodies....so let's get down to business.

I have purchased a 87 Ramcharger that has a fresh 318 based 390 stroker. I will be pulling the motor/trans from it and will be putting it in something you guys can probably help me out on, a Plymouth Gold Duster.

I will likely be seeking quite a bit of advice on my way as I've never messed with anything old...most of my wrenching has been on my Ram.

The Ram:
picture-1.jpg

The Daily Driver:
SunFeb21135251AmericaChicago2010.jpg

Aaaand the Duster on its way home:
IMG_20100926_150732.jpg

IMG_20100926_143742.jpg

IMG_20100926_150804.jpg

Welcome neighbor. Nice looking rides you have. That Duster looks familiar. Is it from East Texas?

Welcome from San Antonio. I have a 72 Duster as well, i like your Ram! More info here than you can shake a stick at.

Looks like Texas is coming on strong in the member count!

Thanks guys! Glad to see some Texas members, too!

Mtandrews, do you ever go to SAR? If so I will have to hit you up next time I go and visit my grandparents in Canyon Lake.

Glad to see some love for the Ram, too...its been my baby since I got it, just ready to enjoy it now and start another project.

Mtandrews, do you ever go to SAR? yup, most of the time to tune either on my buddy Mr. C's Charger or Todd's Demon. Both are local rodders...

Welcome from Conroe. Good looking Gold Duster, what are the plans for it?

Bill8)

Swap the 390 and 727 from the Ramcharger to it, fix a few issues it has, Caltracs w/ Monoleafs, 8 3/4 w/ 4.10, and probably some Weld Prostars and Drag Radials.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Keep us updated on your build with plenty of pics.

Welcome from Dallas. There will be a lot of us at the Motorplex in Ennis on Sunday for the Texas Muscle Car Challenge, if you are bored head on up there.

I am going to Houston this weekend for the ADRL Race but hope to see ya at Mopars at the Motorplex!

My buddy Randy in his 06 Quad Cab Ram will probably be at the TMCCC race this weekend...im sure you know him.

Welcome from Cali. Got a Magnum that looks a lot like that one myself. Anxious to hear how your mods go on that as well!

Its currently got an Eibach lowering kit, Diablosport Predator and a Legmaker carbon fiber cold air intake. Its run a best so far of 13.77@103. Not too bad for a wagon :)

Welcome from Buda , Texas.
I will be running my car at Mopars at the Motorplex,if all goes well and I finish it.
TXDart

Howdy from California from another new member! I've got family in Waco (my mother's from there), so small world!
:wave:

Howdy from Austin, if you are ever in town give me a call.
You will find a ton of great info here.
your gold Duster looks like mine used to.
Andrew

-
Back