New guy here

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am new to the forum and returning to the Mopar car scene. Back in my twenties (the early 90s) me and a few close buddies use to tear up the streets in our Darts, Dusters & Demons. I had a couple Darts but my nicest one was a '73 Dart Sport that was a 340 4Speed car. I ran a 450HP 360 in it, a built 904 with 3800 stall and 4.56 Gears and Drag radials. Was a wicked little street car and hard to beat unless you had N.O.S.
A friend I cruised with had a very nice '71 Demon 340 4 Speed, he sold it to my ex-wifes step dad about 10yrs ago. A full resto was going to be done but somewhere along the line he lost interest and it went into storage. I just found out he was trying to sell the car and I jumped on it. I picked it up for a quarter of what he has spent so far. Currently the car is completely dismantled, body work is all finished and the car is sitting in primer. The 340 (numbers matching) was rebuilt and sitting with a six-pack intake waiting for carbs. He told my the builder was guessing 425HP. Since the motor has sat for yrs I was thinking of tearing it down again and doing a stroker. Its also a four speed car, shifting gears in ok for awhile and gets old fast, so I might have a 904 built to replace. I just cant decide wether to go 100% original to make a nice sunday cruiser, or go back to my roots and make a mean street machine. I won't be doing any cutting to the body, so no worries there, just talking drivetrain. Either way I am shooting for having the car ready for summer of 2012. Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting ideas from all of you.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard from Ontario! You have found the best mopar site on the net...hands down. Glad yer back into the mopar swing. Sounds like you have a great history of them. In my opinion if you are gonna do the street machine.....set yer 340 on an engine stand. dont want to risk blowing up the #'s matching drive train. Good luck, and where in the heck are the pics??

Welcome,lots of good people hele with lots of opinions.Sounds like a cool car.Build it yhe way you want ,but keep all the original parts to put back if you decide to later.Post some pics we like lots of pics.Good luck and enjoy.

Welcome and post up some pictures when you can. Sounds like a cool car. To me 4 speeds in any original muscle car is a pretty special thing. Why not put it back together with the 4 speed and wory about getting tired of it late down the road?

Welcome to the ONLY a-body site. You can get a lot of help here.

Thanks for the welcome! And here are a couple pics I have of its current state. Lots of work ahead of me :shock:

Hopefully this doesn't double post,,,I added a post with these pics but then it was a no show. Trying again.
Heres pics of its current state. Lots of work to be done.

I added a post with a couple pics, waiting for moderator approval, of course I didn't read the message that popped up saying so, so it might be a double post unless Mod deletes one. Doh

welcome,

You should have no mod interference posting pics.

Sounds like you scored a nice little project, should bring back tons of memories.

welcome,

You should have no mod interference posting pics.

Sounds like you scored a nice little project, should bring back tons of memories.

Maybe its cause I'm new to the forum,,,making sure I'm not some quack who just showed up posting **** or sumin.

Welcome Rod, maybe when you get her finished your Demon and mine can get together, I'm just south of Calgary. If you need parts or such there are a few guys around hordeing stuff that sell things for A Bodies and what color are ya going to paint her. I'd also stick with the 4 speed if you've already got everything.8)

Welcome Rod, maybe when you get her finished your Demon and mine can get together, I'm just south of Calgary. If you need parts or such there are a few guys around hordeing stuff that sell things for A Bodies and what color are ya going to paint her. I'd also stick with the 4 speed if you've already got everything.8)

I cant remember for sure but I think the original color is the duller yellow called butterscotch, or maybe the duller between Top Banana and Citron Yella. And it was painted the brighter of the two for the last 20yrs or more, that is till the bodywork happened.
I will have to confirm what the original color is before I decide. I would like to do a high impact color but not sure which, original color might be a good idea since I do have the numbers matching drivetrain. Decisions decisions. I will be in touch if and when I need some hard to find parts, thanks for the offer. I don't expect to have it on the road till 2012, unless break-up is long and boring this spring. Cheers

-
Back