new guy just got 67 cuda

-

dave67cuda

Reaction score
would like to talk about sway bars for the 67 cuda....just put on a cpp disc brake conversion on front with power brake master cylinder that came with kit. it seems to want to engage the rear brakes early, it does not have adjustable proportioning valve, any suggestions?

adjustable perp' valve may be the answer. Did you inspect/service the rear brakes ?

Welcome aboard. Forgive me but how is sway bar related to brakes?
You may want to post your question in the "brakes" section.

Welcome from a former resident of Anchorage (Turnagin Arm). I was there for the"Big One" in '64. I'll bet a lot has changed since then!

How about some photos of your car?

adjustable perp' valve may be the answer. Did you inspect/service the rear brakes ?

yes brakes are quite new I loosened hem a bit I will try a bit more and try watching the wheel cyl to see if it goes back in place and not hanging up. carful so I do not blow out the caps on it

Welcome from a former resident of Anchorage (Turnagin Arm). I was there for the"Big One" in '64. I'll bet a lot has changed since then!

How about some photos of your car?

how do I load pics on this site? let me try. nope do not know ulr # ****

Last car was a '67 notch back, hi-po 273, 4-speed car. Not a formula 'S' so it came with Commando V-8 fender emblems. Cool car. That engine came from the factory with high compression aluminum pistons, dual point distributer, 4 bbl carb, high lift cam. Just as it needed some new trim, easier to buy new old stock in 1995, I am in the same predictament with my current car, a '66 Coronet 500. Center trunk trim piece is all pitted. Cuda was army green, converted to a Dupont orange/red. Previous owner had a sun roof installed. I liked it, Great air flow. Purist, not so much! I'll join the 'B' body clan and can help with questions about 273's in general.

-
Back