New guy looking for a a body

-

kurupt17

Reaction score
Hello,

The name is Steve. I currently have a gen3 hemi 5.7 based 392 stroker. Its in a 2005 dodge ram but I plan on looking for a decent swinger or scamp to transplant it in with a 6 speed. Looks like I have came to the right place and have alot of reading to do.

Welcome! Are you looking for any particular years? What kind of HP does your plant have?

Try private messaging NYC 340. He has a Scamp for sale with a built 340. They are in NY but if you can make a deal, it may be worth while. I think he will sell the body without the 340 seeing as you already have a drivetrain.

Welcome to the site . What years are you looking for and around what is going to be your budget ?

Welcome! Are you looking for any particular years? What kind of HP does your plant have?
Never been on a dyno. But I would guess at least 475 to the wheels. I'm still researching the difference in the years but I like the front end of the 71, 72's.

Welcome to the site . What years are you looking for and around what is going to be your budget ?
Im thinking maybe up to $5000 for a decent car. I have seen a few for alot less that I would buy. I want a fixer upper with a good frame and body. I plan on doing a complete rebuild from the ground up.

Welcome to THE place for A-body's! Been an a-body fan for many years.

Just been a member for a short while but have learned a lot and have never found anything like this place for A-body's and Mopar info.

I am now a Barracuda dude myself but good luck with your search. I have lots of a-body stuff for sale if you need particulars.

You will find what you are looking for here - just keep monitoring your posts and private messages.

Welcome and have fun!

Bcudamatt.

Im thinking maybe up to $5000 for a decent car. I have seen a few for alot less that I would buy. I want a fixer upper with a good frame and body. I plan on doing a complete rebuild from the ground up.

So you like the front end of my 70 then . I'll keep my eye's open for you . You might want to check out the for sale threads here as well . It's a shame I new of a 71 not to long ago that was a roller that was almost rust free and had already been mini tubed and such . I thought about picking it up myself but I already have my next project started for after I sell mine .

welcome aboard Steve

with a wrench and some time the front end of a 71-72 will fit on any A-body up to 76
since you dont seem to shy away from wrenching that might be something to consider when looking at a car (the later models might have options you prefer over the earlier, like power dick brakes)

welcome aboard Steve

with a wrench and some time the front end of a 71-72 will fit on any A-body up to 76
since you dont seem to shy away from wrenching that might be something to consider when looking at a car (the later models might have options you prefer over the earlier, like power dick brakes)

Thanks thats good to know.

-
Back