new guy on forums but not from a bodies haha

-

dustyaman

Reaction score
hello yall im from conway arkansas. my first car was a 74 plymouth duster with the tower of power. i bought it when i was 14 for 150 bucks and till i was 18 on min wage finally got it painted and put a new slant six in it..."mom told my dad no v8" well long story short one year later a deer ran infront of me and when i dodged it i hit the ditch pretty hard. well this was the out come was...View attachment DSCF1816.jpg
View attachment DSCF1794.jpg
View attachment pic 1.jpg

i ended up selling my first love because i needed the money. but im a little older now and im going to look for another one. i love A bodies always have.

Seek and Ye shall find !!! Have you had it checked out to see if it can be salvaged ??

Welcome,
Everybody busts their first car up.
I made the roof on my 65 coronet look like a tent, all bowed up in the middle.
You should have tried to put it back together.
Looks like all you needed was a fender, bumper and a lower strut rod.
You maybe could have beat the radaitor support out to make everything fit.
Welcome again, what mopar do you have now?

at the time i needed the money so i sold her. a mistake i will never forgive myself for. but cant change the past. but my loyalty to the duster will always be strong i cant wait to get another one and do it the way i want to.

Buy another one and start all over again.

Sorry man... that stinks. My first car was a 73 Gold Duster, back in 1987 when I was 17 yrs old... it had a 318 with 7.25" rear end and 904 trans. I blew up no less than 5 rear ends in that car, LOL... beat the snot out of it, jumped it, bent the frame, hit curbs, and got in an accident with another car.. .poor thing never stood a chance. :( Now, 25 years later, I'm building a 71 Dart... and I'll take much better care of it :) It may take a while for you to be able to do another Mopar.. it looks like the one you had was really clean, I'm sure it crushed you to get rid of it.. give it time :)

Welcome to FABO Dustyaman!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Shop Passenger Side View High with Fins.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 119
Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

Welcome to FABO Dustyaman!
If we could have kept all our great Mopars we have had But like you say, it is in the past.
Welcome from Jonesboro Arkansas and looking forward to seeing a new post that you have found your new MoPar

Attachments

• Picture 222 089.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 133
-
Back