New guy trying to get 1/4 windows back in

-

pgkeating

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I did a search on "1/4 window install", but didn't find much. Also, I always get lost in other cool threads when I'm trying to stay "on task".

Anyway, I'm new to the board with a '68 Dart GTS. The PO had removed all the windows & regulators, sandblasted the regulators (and greased), but only replaced the rollers in the front (doors) and re-installed.

Problem is, that's where I took over. There were no 1/4 windows in the car. They were apart and in a box. I have the 3 pieces (of each side) of the regulators and quarter windows. I bought the new rollers from R/T, but no idea where to start.

- Do I put them together, then put them in?
- Do I need to put the pieces into the rear window cavity separatly and assemble in there?

I did find the diagram of how the regulators go back together, but they really look counter intuitive, as to complication, just to get a piece of glass up and down.

Any help would be great, especially a thread where somone documented this....I'm a picture guy!

Thanks,

Pete

Pete, I'm going to take a stab at this (someone correct me if I am wrong), but I would assemble the parts before installing the quarters back in the opening. I recently purchased some extra quarter glass/windows for my Duster and they are as assembled as one could expect them to be and appear to have been removed that way. I hope this helps some. Good luck.

Do what I did as i went through the same thing with mine.

Just put the glass in then put all the parts in there and move everything around until you figure out how it all fits.

If you are halfway mechanically inclined you will figure it out.

I even had to macgiver one of the rollers to make it work, not fun but it works like a champ.

Hopefully you have all the hardware and pieces.

-
Back