New Guy

-

Trad68

Reaction score
Well after 20+ years I think I'm back in the game. Maybe.. Sold my 69 Roadrunner 440+6 car back in 2000. Kick myself for that. Oh Well.. I am in the process of acquiring a 68 Barracuda Notchback. Have been looking for years for a good project car. This one has been sitting in a barn since 07 and before that siting in a barn out in Colorado for who knows how long. Looks to be an all original with only 24,000 miles. Sitting for so long it needs paint and all new interior. Some surface rust but no rust holes anywhere, floorboards look great. Per the fender tag. see below.. My dilemma is do i restore it back to original or do i change up the color and interior and maybe engine and build what i want.. i hate white interior...Haha

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop

ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8

TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic

MODEL YEAR: 1968

BUILD DATE: September 19.

AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio

INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. White on Black Interior.

PAINT: Medium Dark Turquoise Metallic (Dodge), Surf Turqoise Metallic (Plymouth).

OTHER: Black (Dodge, Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:

14: Sill Mouldings

25: Drip Rail Mouldings

78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:

Q1: Unknown Option

X2: Tinted Windshield Only

abc OPTIONS:

a6: Console

b4: Bucket Seats

It's been said many times here, "Build it to whatever YOU wish". The purists may judge you, but by and large no one on this forum will. BTW, welcome from Texas.

36.jpg

26.jpg

Welcome to the forum. She looks good from behind...my fastback is the same color. That's LL1, right?

9xXewjITQ+yAIGFbXHU7Uw.jpg

:welcome: from :canada:
From the pictures and description of your car, it's very solid, a great starting point. Based on the original equipment it was born with, I doubt that many people will be offended if you don't keep it original. Build what you want and what you will enjoy driving, then go and drive the wheels off it every chance you have. That's what I like about this hobby, making it your own.

Nice find. I do what I want. But all my Barracudas have white seats. I grew up in Florida and am no fan of black seats, especially with branding irons, like 1968 has.

It does have the odd all black interior except the seats and door panels are white. I may look good if i keep the paint color the same Blue. If i go B5 blue i probably will go black and watch my legs in the summer.

BD4D583F-AB87-4049-B30D-ED371FC1B6B4.jpeg

Welcome and the Notchback is the best I luv mine and I used to be a B body man.Build it the way you want but make it asap where you can drive it while you get your build together.

Well i did decide to pull the trigger ang get the car. Was hard to pass up a really clean car as a start to the project. Spent all day Saturday and Sunday gutting the interior to help get the smell out. Time to start a restoration page for this one.. Its going to take some time.
38.jpg

-
Back