New Headers "Dougs"

-

68er

68Dart GT
Reaction score
Well while my motor is at the machine shop getting new cam bearings and checked out.. I decided to buy some Dougs... D423.

My neighbor had an extra mini starter so I got that too...

Looks like a great fit however The instructions say to remove the center link.. But I don't see a reason for this while the engine is out.. Though I would put them in place and slowly drop the motor in the same way I removed it kinda thing.

My old crappy headers were lower and the center link went through the tubes ....

Question is with my 68 Dart does the center link go through the tubes too...

To me it looks like it won't..

Thanks in advance for the answers...

:rolleyes:

The d523 do not fit mopars. They fit pontiac. You want the D453.

What would Dougs headers add (hp & torque) to a small block with medium cam, above average flow, DP intake and 650 carb?

anyone know that this header D423 goes above the center link... like the TTi does...

above the center link.

I assume they want you to remove or lower the centerlink to help with installing them. You're going to have to slip them in while installing the motor. Having the T-bars out or pushed back helps too.

423?

Should be 453

Silly me... yes D453 .... been into so many numbers lately I keep messing this one up lol :eek:ops:

Thanks guys.. so the T-bar might touch okay I will deal with that if this happens.. so question is what was the shim kit for ?

-
Back