New headers for the Barracuda

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
Looking forward to trying out the new stainless headers that Tory Shellehamer built for my W9 powered Barracuda.....super nice quality and a great guy to deal with and know as a friend. These are a straight 2" with a merged 4" collector and my old ones were a stepped 1 7/8 to 2 1/8 mild steel setup with a small softball sized muffler and a 4" diameter turn down.

EUGZ9158.JPG

EKJE9710.JPG

IMG_7287.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG

Fantastic looking work.
Guys that can do that stuff I am in amazement with. I would pull my hair out doing one tube

Nice...I remember a w9 headed blue 71 demon in the mags bout 20 years ago 9.70's

Those are extremely nice! Please post up when you get them installed!

Work of art. Screw it and just hang those on the shop wall. Way too nice to put on the car lol.

BTW, who made the headers you are replacing?

Those are extremely nice! Please post up when you get them installed!
Sure thing, I have to get the # 2 tube redone as it is too close to the oil pan when the engine diaper is on and I think it would melt it so will be a little while but will post when all completed.

Work of art. Screw it and just hang those on the shop wall. Way too nice to put on the car lol.

BTW, who made the headers you are replacing?
Same guy, they were for a friend Tory's and that guy has a 67 Dart with a W9 and hadn't gotten around to using them yet and since store bought W9 headers don't exist I was able to purchase them since that guy's car was a ways off from being done. The first set are coated mild steel with a very small muffler on the end and then a turn down.

Same guy, they were for a friend Tory's and that guy has a 67 Dart with a W9 and hadn't gotten around to using them yet and since store bought W9 headers don't exist I was able to purchase them since that guy's car was a ways off from being done. The first set are coated mild steel with a very small muffler on the end and then a turn down.

Yeah, you can’t run to the local parts store and buy headers for that stuff. That is a big turn off to some guys.

Yeah, you can’t run to the local parts store and buy headers for that stuff. That is a big turn off to some guys.
Exactly.....and that is just one of multiple things that you just have to deal with and or overcome when deciding to do a reasonably hard running R3/W8 W9 type setup and I have tried to warn or be as upfront as possible to guys that like the whole idea and or sound of having a setup similar and they are awesome but they aren't cheap and there are obstacles. You already are well aware but I just figured I would bring it up again for somebody that maybe isn't.

That's not my Barracuda by the way.....that is the customers car of Tory's that mine were built off of as his car was in for a set of headers. Awesome car by the way and a really sharp and motivated young man of 24 years old that owns and races it. Chris Yeznach is his name and he can be found on Facebook, he does some small tire heads up and index racing I think but just got this W9 and I believe its also set up for NOS so should be an interesting car to watch.

What was the cost and where is he located? Go you have contact info?
He does this stuff as a side deal so it would be best to reach out to him via Facebook messenger and talk to him on there first, his name is Tory Shellehamer and he is in Pennsylvania.

Looking forward to trying out the new stainless headers that Tory Shellehamer built for my W9 powered Barracuda.....super nice quality and a great guy to deal with and know as a friend. These are a straight 2" with a merged 4" collector and my old ones were a stepped 1 7/8 to 2 1/8 mild steel setup with a small softball sized muffler and a 4" diameter turn down.

Your friend does beautiful work!

He does some very nice work. I love following his projects on Facebook. Not sure how much of a gap you have but my heat proof diaper is right on my header and has been for years. I bought on from my track management for my big and small block.

-
Back