New here with a 64 Barracuda in San Diego

-

fadingfastsd

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm Evan, I'm 25 and live in San Diego.
I recently blew up the flathead on my old 51 Plymouth, and just sold it.

I just picked up a 1964 Plymouth Barracuda, for $4k.
It's a pretty cool car, painted black/gold in the Hemi Under Glass paint scheme (I'm assuming thats what the PO was going for??).

It's got a pretty nice interior that still needs lots of little things fixed.
It was an original six cylinder car, but has had a 273 swapped in, with a 4 speed w/ Hurst shifter.
It's got straight pipes that are way too low and drag the crappy mufflers, so exhaust will have to be sorted out first. Sounds great though!

Anyways, this is my first Cuda, and 2nd Mopar, so I'll be cruising around for all sorts of information.

Its going to be my daily driver while I fix/restore it so it should be a fun project.

Heres some pictures, what do you guys think?

CIMG2602.JPG

CIMG2598.JPG

CIMG2604.JPG

CIMG2606.JPG

CIMG2609.JPG

CIMG2594.JPG

CIMG2622.JPG

Welcome aboard Evan! Looks like you got a great deal on the Barracuda, must be a blast to drive with the four speed. keep the pics coming.

Welcome, nice cuda. The paint looks like the old hurst hemi under glass style.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Here's a bunch more pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/egrist/64_Plymouth_Barracuda

I've got a couple questions off the bat that I'm gonna go research, but what are the good places that make reproduction parts for these cars?

Also, the driver side door is completely stuck. I've taken the door panel off, and the inner and outer handles operate correctly, and I can see the rod moving smoothly inside the door, but it will not unlatch!?

Does this happen often on these cars? I'm wondering if the latch is broken off or jambed at the door? any clues would help!

welcome,, my first was a black 64..wish i could of found a decent one when i built my current car,, but looks like you have found a nice one i see its a black plate car,very kool,,,it looks likt it could use a master brake cylinder up grade,,still 9 in drums ??? very kool good luck

Welcome to the site, great lookin 64 for $4000, especially with the 4 speed. Do you have any pics of the 51 Plymouth? Would love to see it as well.

That's a nice one. Great deal on it, too. I live in Escondido. There's a cruise night every friday from April until September or October on Grand. I used to go to one in Chula Vista when I lived down there. Hope to see you around.

-
Back