New Holley 670 Street Avenger in the mail today!

-

trebor75

Reaction score
Just sharing cause I'm pumped to try it out :) I got a very good deal on Ebay from Holley, it's one of those sent back but hardly used and then refurbished, it looks brand new out of the box.

The Duster was imported to Sweden in the 70's. Had the slant 6 and three on the tree when i purchased it. This is the combo now. I have tried to build the 273 somewhat near the D-Dart 273.

273 Commando - 1965
Cam: Comp Cams Magnum 282S - 282/282 Lift 495/495 (solid) Beehive Springs
Edelbrock D4B intake / Edelbrock 600 Performer Carb
Pertronix Ignitor & Flame Thrower coil
Hooker Headers
2.5" Dual Exhaust / Super 44 Flowmaster
8 3/4 - 3.55 - SureGrip on the street 4.88 - SureGrip on the strip.
727 auto / Shift Kit
10" 3000 stall converter
B&M Quicksilver Shifter
Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T 26.0 x 9.50-14

Attachments

• bild (1).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 392
  • bild.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 468
  • duster.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 390
Installed it today. Did not have time for a test drive though. Only fired it up and the throttle response felt really crips right out of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_4366.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_4364.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 643
Damn, it must cost a mint to build these cars out of the US. Congrats! :cheers:

I also ordered one of those refurbished carbs carbs from Holley on Ebay.

Im glad I checked it out prior to installing it. There was a throttle ball stud stuck in the butterflys. If I installed it with out checking it out, I think my new engine would be in a world of hurt right now. I did eventually get it installed and it seems to run so much better, than the Eddy 600 I had on it prior, to this.

Glad you like the carb and got a good deal on it!!!

Damn, it must cost a mint to build these cars out of the US. Congrats! :cheers:

Thanks! It does cost a lot. Many times I have envied the availability of used parts, junkyard finds or just being able to go to a close store and pick up parts, like you guys can. Shipping and customs always make it twice as much for us.

I also ordered one of those refurbished carbs carbs from Holley on Ebay.

Im glad I checked it out prior to installing it. There was a throttle ball stud stuck in the butterflys. If I installed it with out checking it out, I think my new engine would be in a world of hurt right now. I did eventually get it installed and it seems to run so much better, than the Eddy 600 I had on it prior, to this.

Glad you like the carb and got a good deal on it!!!

Wow, that would have been a disaster! Glad you checked it out!

OK i need some clearing up please what is the deal with that carb you 2 bought,refurbished ,what happen someone did not like the way it work for them,i was a pos why was it sent back,then resold?:protest:

OK i need some clearing up please what is the deal with that carb you 2 bought,refurbished ,what happen someone did not like the way it work for them,i was a pos why was it sent back,then resold?:protest:

Happens all the time. Holley sells their refurbished stuff on eBay. Lots of companies do this, just like "open box specials". Someone used and returned it, so it can't be sold as new. Who knows why they returned it, could have been the wrong carb, could have been something wrong with their engine that they blamed on the carb. Or it could have been the carb itself, out of spec or something from the factory. Once its sent back, Holley has to go back through and check it out, so either it checked out ok or they fixed it and then it checked out ok.

Regardless, it passed factory specs, so why not sell it? All of the refurbished carbs they sell are sold as refurbished, so they sell for less than new. Not a bad way to get a "new" carb for less. And it's not like they don't have a return policy if the thing is just a lemon.

This is what Holley write on the ebay listing:
"This is an official Holley Performance Factory Refurbished Carburetor listing.

Factory Refurbished carbs are NOT old worn-out carbs that have been rebuilt. They are carbs that were returned under warranty. When these carbs are returned, we check them out and most of the time there is nothing wrong with them. Generally, they were simply adjusted out of working range by the installer.

Since these carbs may show signs of a previous installation, our policy is not to sell them as new. Rather than scrapping them, we are making them directly available to the public. Not only does this help us control the costs of our new carbs, it allows you to get a great deal on a like-new carburetor!

Factory Refurbished carbs have undergone a thorough inspection. Any damaged parts that would effect performance have been replaced and the carbs are solvent cleaned before being wet-flow-tested on Holley’s state-of-the-art flow benches allowing them to be recalibrated to new carb specs. Factory Refurbished carbs may have scratches, blemishes, and other visual flaws from previous installation.

Factory Refurbished Carburetors have limited availability."

Link: [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-0-80670-670cfm-Street-Avenger-Carb-Refurbished-4bbl-/360857553851?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5404c94bbb&vxp=mtr"]Holley 0 80670 670CFM Street Avenger Carb Refurbished 4BBL | eBay[/ame]

Mine looked brand new, I drove it today and only had time to do a rough tuning, could still tell it's an improvement from the Edelbrock I had on. So I'm totally satisfied.

Took it for a testdrive today. Only had time to do a rough tuning, but it's already an improvement from the Edelbrock. At least for my combo.

Attachments

• IMG_4370.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 276
Looks good! I put a 770 Street Avenger on my 340. Thought I could manage it with a 670, but it wasn't enough carb. 770 fixed that, runs good now I just have a little more fine tuning to do. Great carb so far.

That's an interesting throttle spring set up you've got there. I'd be worried about those springs binding up with each other the way that they're routed.

I WONDER what the cost would be to me,every time i order something from the U.S. I GET hit AT THE DOOR with border fees and such.

Looks good! I put a 770 Street Avenger on my 340. Thought I could manage it with a 670, but it wasn't enough carb. 770 fixed that, runs good now I just have a little more fine tuning to do. Great carb so far.

That's an interesting throttle spring set up you've got there. I'd be worried about those springs binding up with each other the way that they're routed.

It worked really good for me right out of the box, but I will also be fine tuning as soon as the weather is better here in Sweden. The springs are a special Hot Rod trick ;) Just temporary so I could take it for a spin today.

I WONDER what the cost would be to me,every time i order something from the U.S. I GET hit AT THE DOOR with border fees and such.

I aways get custom too. On this particular deal I paid the carb, customs and shipping so I knew from the begining how much the total was. Still the price I paid is way less then what it would cost brand new in Sweden, so I think it was a good way to get an as new carb.

ANY spects on this carb,like jetting and so on.I cant find any on line .

Page 13 in the instructions pdf

[ame="http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/hly-199r10219-3.pdf"]http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/hly-199r10219-3.pdf[/ame]

-
Back