New Instrument Panel From Mr G's Questions

-

country_ck

Reaction score
I bought this and now don't know what to do. Has anyone got one of these? Do I remove the "chrome"? How do I remove the "chrome" to have the black under it? Will the black under it need to be finished/painted? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Chris

Attachments

• DSC01022.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC01023.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC01024.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC01025.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 193
It looks like you got one of his closeout parts that hasn't been detailed, so I'm guessing you got a good price. They are no longer in the plastic chroming business, but told me had a variety of parts to sell.

You need to paint the black areas, but if you haven't done that before, I suggest you find someone who has. It's easy to screw up the chrome finish.

The entire part is chromed then the detail paint goes on. Their instructions state how to.

Thanks. The instructions are confusing. The whole "This is the reason why we do not remove the mask for you" makes it sound like you just have to remove the top layer to get to the black.

The entire part is chromed then the detail paint goes on. Their instructions state how to.

That's the way the factory did it on 68-70 Charger dashes where the instrument surrounds are "chrome" and the rest of the panel is black.
Thet just painted black over the "chrome". I had a NOS 69 Charger panel where the black paint had flaked off some small areas and Chrome was showing through, fixed it with a spray can. I'm pretty sure that's how they did it on all the plastic dash parts.

-
Back