New intake for 360 la engine

-

Dartish

Reaction score
Been experimenting with the intakes I had laying around. Now I'm looking at buying a new dual plane for the 360 in my W250. The motors been rebuilt. Fairly stock with a .450"cam and rebuilt heads from Aero with the 2.02 intake valves and bowls cleaned up. Carb is a Quick Fuel Slayer 600 and its got headers and 2 1/2" exhaust. Anyone tried the Crosswind air gap intake? I noticed it's over $100 less then the Eddy intake. Wondering if anyone has any experience running this intake? That extra $100 would be nice to put towards some new ignition components unless there's some major downfall to these intakes and I'd be better off with the Eddy or a Stealth. Come spring the cam may be getting upgraded to a Hughes Whiplash once the mud dragging season starts again. Thanks for any input

I had one,,,,Didn't fit well,Could be me.Had a vacuum leak from the lifter galley base.was using the steel gaskets. Replaced it with a eddy and paper gaskets and solved the problem.Like I said could have been me.....

Just a thought, I installed an Edelbrock Torker on my '70 340 and it leaked terribly. After a few months of screwing with it I installed a 71 dual plane with some mild porting, gasket matching, cut away the 4 hole inlet to 2 slots, etc. It sealed perfectly and ran like a champ. There is a lot to be said about original equipment.

A stock TQ intake can put a dart well into the 12's, exactly what are you hoping to do with your tk.?

A lot of hunting and fishing where no one else Can get to. Enter it in street stock class at local mud drags during summer and spank the Z71 off road cheats and the Super Duty diesels. I had a iron spread bore intake. Installed an old torker340 I had and it really woke up after about 2800rpm.

Yeah, Eddy RPM airgap. And yes, I believe in supporting made in USA, especially when they are the ones investing R&D manpower/equipment in this country to bring us a superior
product. The RB RPM I'm about to put on a customers 440 couldn't be nicer or fit better....nearly perfect.

Just a thought, I installed an Edelbrock Torker on my '70 340 and it leaked terribly. After a few months of screwing with it I installed a 71 dual plane with some mild porting, gasket matching, cut away the 4 hole inlet to 2 slots, etc. It sealed perfectly and ran like a champ. There is a lot to be said about original equipment.

Yep, OE intakes are generally quite good for about 90% of situations.

I would either get a secondhand Edelbrock Performer / Performer RPM or stick with the stock dual plane if you are worried about cost.

I picked up a Crosswind back when they were a lot cheaper than they are now - about 1/3 the price of an Edelbrock AirGap. That in my eyes was worth it. If I was only saving $100 then I wouldn't bother... just get the AirGap.

- boingk

If you go with performer make sure you open the ports to 340/360 size or other wise the stock intake will make more power.

Yeah I won't be using the std Performer.it would be the Rpm or the Air Gap

i've heard people that love that cheap knockoff and i heard others that had nothing but fitment issues with them. me i'd go with the eddy myself.

after some discussion and research last year -
100_3762.JPG

A stock TQ intake can put a dart well into the 12's, exactly what are you hoping to do with your tk.?

As long as the rest of the motor is highly modified......

Last edited:
As long as the rest of the motor is highly modified......
340, 9.7:1(what most 10:1 flat-tops are w/felpros),650 spreadbore holley, oldschool mech. cam of unknown origin-less than .500 lift & totally streetable,mopar dual VS's w/
damper,...running 102mph in the qtr. full bodied street '67, and it wasn't even worked out yet. Granted I ported the heads for him, but the rest was basic stuff, incl. the 273
adj. rockers. A modern cam would produce better results w/this package alone. BTW, the cam was old by early '90's standards!

Does the stock throttle cable/kick down bracket fit the Eddy Air Gap?

I had to weld an extension on my stock throttle cable bracket to use my airgap. Granted, I've got a 1" spacer as well.

Edit: I extended the kickdown rod as well.

The throttle cable comes in at a zig zag angle. I was able to make work with an afb carburetor, but I had to fab about a 1 in extension to get it to work with a street demon carburetor.

And I just bent more angle in the kickdown rod to get it to line up correctly.

-
Back