New Item. Coilover adapters

-

Badart

Reaction score
Unless you have been following my tubular lower control arm thread then this won't make much sense.

These are designed to convert from the bayonet style factory shock location to the more common style. They are 6061 aluminum and the hardware in the engine bay is 3/8" stainless steel. The coilover mount is mild steel and can be painted or powder coated. The bolt is fully captured from the top and bottom and is tig welded.

Check out my Gallery for more details.

These are to be used in conjunction with reinforcing the inner fender structure!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Adapters.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 589
  • Adapter top.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 585
  • Adapter bottom.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 558
Looks great man. Only concern is the long debated issue of the factory sheetmetal not being able to support the weight. Have any ideas on how to stiffen it up?

Yes ,needs severe re-engineering of the shock mount area for major reinforcement. How much btw?

There have been several methods mention on how to reinforce the shock tower in the post for the tube lower control arms and others. Pick you choice, or devise your own.

I guess I'm lost here.. how are you using these in conjunction with your weld in supports that are in ur gallery? I though the supports in ur gallery had the shock mount tap welded on them?

If your using these separately then what are you doing from keeping the frame rails from flexing inward and the thin fender sheet metal from creasing?

Bad will you PM me and answer my question about support? I just trying to figure out why it was a huge deal when I was running my shock mount that is identical to this and I even had a bracket that went inside the stock supporting tower and another plate to keep the frame from flexing... Please tell me ur not just selling these like this with out any support?

They are for those who run forward snout bars with shock tower bracing in the engine compartment, or some other kind of bracing of the shock tower.

They are for those who run forward snout bars with shock tower bracing in the engine compartment, or some other kind of bracing of the shock tower.

how do u figure? I see a machined piece that fits directly in the inner fender inside the stock tower.. I even see a picture of it in the stock location.

Pic is to just show how it will fit. I know this because I asked him to make them.
See I told you John.

Pic is to just show how it will fit. I know this because I asked him to make them.
See I told you John.

Well if they are used for a snout bar then why would u use them? A snout bar can be made to have the two tabs coming down to support the shock not just a hole to put a $75 machined bracket in it... Sounds counter productive. I'd like to see it in use.

Sounds like a couple high school "cliques" on this forum when it comes to a damn upper coilover mount. Kind of ridiculous. If supported with a forward tube, these should work fine. USCG, I think the idea is to run a forward bar, and then tie the tube to the sheetmetal surrounding the factory upper mount. Should work if done properly.

Sounds like a couple high school "cliques" on this forum when it comes to a damn upper coilover mount. Kind of ridiculous. If supported with a forward tube, these should work fine. USCG, I think the idea is to run a forward bar, and then tie the tube to the sheetmetal surrounding the factory upper mount. Should work if done properly.

Im just not picturing it.. I guess I'm not smart enough to picture it. :king:

Bingo, Its for those who do not wish to remove their inner fenders. Like this.
brace.jpg

I am working on doing something close but stronger as my snouts connect to my cage. I'll post pic's as things progress.

Bingo, Its for those who do not wish to remove there inner fenders. Like this.
brace.jpg

ok that pic makes sinse now.. so you basically need to use a snout bar like this or one similar to it for this to work?

-
Back