new Jegs exhaust I installed on my 68 valiant today! video

-

dgswinger

Reaction score
68 valiant 318 w/340 grind cam, performer intake, 600 holley, dynomax headers, Jegs 2.5" mandrel bend kit w/welded Jegs mufflers.
Very happy with the way it turned out!

: [ame]http://youtu.be/_QqLEJ06XPY[/ame]

Sounds good! Getting a kit for my 340 Aspen soon.

Attachments

• asspen pits.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 444
Yes Jegs welded mufflers and I don't need rings it was 32° here with freezing rain thats just steam lol! No major problems with the install other than I took 2" section out of the pass side pipe right off the header so it went thru the cross member notch a little nicer.

Only pics I have of the install

Attachments

• IMG_20150103_171343731.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_20150103_171307413.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 429
Same kit I just installed on my duster. Fit very well for the money. I opted out and bought the kit with no mufflers and went with magnaflows.

Have you driven it yet? I was a bit worried about drone with those mufflers. I have had flowmasters in the past and didn't like them, was worried about that with jegs mufflers.

Right on, I know that feeling, after a long day of work; the pay off!!

:blob:

No I haven't driven it yet its got some more work before I can actually get it out and drive it to see if they drone...

Overall I was happy with the fit for the $$ also I actually ordered the no muffler kit and ordered 2 welded Jegs mufflers separate and saved my self $10 lol! Kit cost $249 the way I ordered it cost me $239

I am also happy with the same setup from Jegs on my 74 Dart.
I may cut my pipes back to put some 3" tips to get rid of the raspy sound when get in to it!
Regret not doing an x or h pipe.
For the money it is a great kit.

Have you driven it yet? I was a bit worried about drone with those mufflers. I have had flowmasters in the past and didn't like them, was worried about that with jegs mufflers.

They don't seem bad to me, I have that same kit on my Sport.

Derek, it sounds good from here. It's curious though, if you look at the passenger side it comes in a little as it goes back. It did the same on mine too.

View attachment Jegs.jpg

I think they need to bend that one pipe just a smidge more.

All in all though not a bad kit at all.

Overall I was happy with the fit for the $$ also I actually ordered the no muffler kit and ordered 2 welded Jegs mufflers separate and saved my self $10 lol! Kit cost $249 the way I ordered it cost me $239

Now that I think about it, I think I did the same thing.

Yes Bruce I see ours both kick in on that side and if they did decide to bend that pipe a little more it would fit better.

They don't seem bad to me, I have that same kit on my Sport.

Derek, it sounds good from here. It's curious though, if you look at the passenger side it comes in a little as it goes back. It did the same on mine too.

View attachment 1714781845

I think they need to bend that one pipe just a smidge more.

All in all though not a bad kit at all.

Bruce, did the same on mine. Got the welder out,and straightened it. Hard to beat for the price, though.

Nice - what part numbers did you order? I am looking at doing the same.

-
Back