New job at Mopar dealer

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
I have been unemployed for abut 8 months and just got a job at a Dodge dealer! Its a smaller one and the owner has a 70 Challenger he is building. The 472 is up in the parts department, which I will be responsible for. It looks like a good place to work, good people, but I'm not sure how much I'll like being the parts guy. I'm more of a hands on guy, I like working on cars. Its a lot of computer parts entry and ordering and standing in the same damn spot all day. And having to help customers, I forgot how much I do not like that.
Its a job, and those are hard to find these days. I know I can do it so I'll give it a go. They do put on a show in the summer, and I can use the shop if I need to lift my car, and there will be perks of working at a shop for sure. Brake lathe, tire machine, balancer, alignment rack etc, etc. And maybe I'll get to drive one of the new Challengers on the lot! And I'll be able to pay my bills and hopefully have some left for my cars:cheers:

Anybody here work at a Mopar dealer?

Just a counterman at NAPA one time :happy10:
Congratulations on getting I think a very cool job :cheers:
And look at all the equipment and tools you will be able to use
I like the people thing and loved the wrenching part as a young gun.
Know you can keep us updated on new industry stuff
Enjoy Babyblue66 :cheers: staying updated on the computers and how to take care of your customers and your tec's there :happy10:

Good luck on the new job.

I worked at a C/P dealer back in the days. Small mom and pop dealership that was around in the late 20's. 2 car showroom. They catered to the 'working class'. Furys, Satellites but mostly Valiants and some Dusters. And a 318 Duster was classified as a hot car.

Good for you! I'm sure you will enjoy the job and the fringe benefits. toolmanmike

Congratulations on the job. I'm sure it will feel good to catchup on your bills and have some money for things you never thought you would have money for,lol.8)

Way to go Mike! Finally someone behind a counter that can actually understand what FABO customers are looking for.

how bout that, i work at a mopar dealer too! deffinatly has its perks, especially since im the lube tech :)

Woo, you lucky dog, at least its not Ford! :cheers::cheers:

lol, my dad works at a Ford dealership, makes good money working on those lemons too lol, and my uncle engineers switches at Malory Engineering (mostly GM, Ford, Chrysler window/lock switches)

yet we all go back to Mopar for our Daily drivers and hoby cars

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Starting a new job is always a little nerv wracking. Theres a lot to get the hang of being on the parts side. It will be a big change working 50 hrs a week after have not been working for the last several months. Not that I'm lazy. Just gotta get back in the groove.

Congratulations on the new job. In this day and age having a job is a huge bonus.

Exactly what I was thinking. I knew I was going to get the job, I went in and talked to the guys, didn't even fill out an app. Five days later I was hired. So I must have something they like.:-D

That's awesome news BabyBlue66!!! I'm sure you'll be a great asset to your bosses once you get into the swing of things.

When you get settled in and find out more about the car show they sponsor, please pass along some details. I'd like to donate a gift certificate.

Enjoy your new job!

Not a bad job to have.

I got a job at Eastside Chrysler Jeep for a while in the mid 90's, as a mechanic, but me and the parts guy got to be friends. I had my Satellite then and they had a Jeep Cherokee they drag raced.

One day he tells me to check out the warehouse, the boxes against the wall in the back.

I go out to the warehouse, and find a row of open shipping crates..... with brand new 426 crate engines in them, ohhhhhh shiny. The were way to big to put in my pocket and walk out with.

Great news and a great job to get. Dealing with customers is a challenge sometimes but also can be an enjoyable part of the job. Good luck and congratulations!!

Almost 25 years in parts and service; about half of that in dealerships, and most of that Mopar. I hope that the fact you don't like waiting on customers doesn't trip you up. Just chill and remember, most of them will be in awe of your awesome Mopar knowledge!

First Congrats on the new job!!!! Second I'd just sit tight with this position. You never know when a "hands on" position will open up at the dealer that you can just slide on into. Again I'm happy to see that you landed a position that will pay the bills.

-
Back