New Kid From Norcal!

-

WeBeJammin

Reaction score
Whats up guys? Came across this board looking brake information on a different car lol. Just so happens that I inherited a 63' Dart Gt in a custom orange crush kind of color, I'll get pics up soon, that ive had for about 5 years now. However my main goal with that car is to get it LOW, i want this to be a nice low riding cruiser, so far i have a set of 16x8 cragars waiting to slap on, but im waiting to lower it. Motorwise, i do have a 360 block in my garage but, ill leave that slant 6 for the time being because my younger brother will start learning to drive soon so he doesnt need power under his feet yet lol.
So first things first! I'm going to need help/direction in finding parts to lower this bad boy !!:glasses8::glasses8:

lol heres a video from a few years back
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWIqXhYG1E"]YouTube - 1963 Dodge Dart GT[/ame]

Looks like it has plenty of power. As far as lowering parts go, hummmmmmmmmmmmm, gooood question.
You can drop the front with a twist of the tortion bar adjusters. There located in the lower control arm, it's a big bolt. You'll have to get the car re-al;igned after you get the ride height.
IDK about the spindle though. A better way to drop the front.

On rear springs, MoPar used to offer and may still offer a zero arch leaf spring which should drop the rear alot.

Looks like it has plenty of power. As far as lowering parts go, hummmmmmmmmmmmm, gooood question.
You can drop the front with a twist of the tortion bar adjusters. There located in the lower control arm, it's a big bolt. You'll have to get the car re-al;igned after you get the ride height.
IDK about the spindle though. A better way to drop the front.

On rear springs, MoPar used to offer and may still offer a zero arch leaf spring which should drop the rear alot.

lol thanks! wow though never knew about the the tortion bar adj. For the rear, a few of my minitruck buddies actually flip the leaf springs over and lower it a few inches like that, would you think that same process could indeed work for the dart?

I'm not to sure because the arch on the springs might be to much, but hey, it certainly is worth a try!!!!

-
Back