New Kid on the Block

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am a longtime Mopar fan and my first introduction to them was laying my eyes on my Dads' 1957 Chrysler Windsor with the pushbutton transmission and the big powerplant under the hood. He always bought Chryslers' with the exception of a 1968 Dodge Monaco wagon with a 383 and simulated woodgrain paneling (my sister and I were going to college at the time and that car got quite a workout hauling stuff around). All his cars ran smooth as silk. My first car was a 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 with a slant six 225 c.i. automatic and posi rear. I loved that car and it never let me down traveling between home (Long Island,NY at the time) and going to school at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. in the early 1970's. I found out I had a posi rear when I was having the snow tires put on at school from the mechanic...I then knew why VW bugs and my car were the lonely few on the roads during snowstorms in Blacksburg. Wish I never sold it, but what do we know at that age anyway...Looking forward to chatting with you all as I have just purchased a 1973 Dart Swinger with a 318 (see photos) to keep me busy in my retirement. I have always enjoyed reading responses from fellow Moparians trying to help a member in need of help, knowledge or expertise. Now that I am a member, I know I will have questions also and want to say Thank You in advance to all those members who take the time to answer my questions and help me too. I feel very lucky to be in the midst of a great bunch of people helping one another...God Bless you all. All the Best, Greg

Very nice Swinger I have been thinkin of doin that hood stripe and now think I will.
Also love the hood tach and dual snorkel scoop combo on top
Welcome to the site

Hi Everyone,
I am a longtime Mopar fan and my first introduction to them was laying my eyes on my Dads' 1957 Chrysler Windsor with the pushbutton transmission and the big powerplant under the hood. He always bought Chryslers' with the exception of a 1968 Dodge Monaco wagon with a 383 and simulated woodgrain paneling (my sister and I were going to college at the time and that car got quite a workout hauling stuff around). All his cars ran smooth as silk. My first car was a 1965 Dodge Coronet 440 with a slant six 225 c.i. automatic and posi rear. I loved that car and it never let me down traveling between home (Long Island,NY at the time) and going to school at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. in the early 1970's. I found out I had a posi rear when I was having the snow tires put on at school from the mechanic...I then knew why VW bugs and my car were the lonely few on the roads during snowstorms in Blacksburg. Wish I never sold it, but what do we know at that age anyway...Looking forward to chatting with you all as I have just purchased a 1973 Dart Swinger with a 318 (see photos) to keep me busy in my retirement. I have always enjoyed reading responses from fellow Moparians trying to help a member in need of help, knowledge or expertise. Now that I am a member, I know I will have questions also and want to say Thank You in advance to all those members who take the time to answer my questions and help me too. I feel very lucky to be in the midst of a great bunch of people helping one another...God Bless you all. All the Best, Greg

DAAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!! Lol super nice! I really like the tach housing. Welcome aboard!

-
Back