new line lock not working

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
I installed a new summit line lock between the MC and proportioning valve. I hear it when I press the button, but it is not holding the front brake. It is on the back port of the MC and brake lines have been bled. It shoud just be a open/closed valve, so I hooked it up backward with the input in the exit, push button and pressed on the brake peddle to make sure the valve was closing. Brake fluid passed right through solenoid, shouldn't it close the valve and hold back the fluid? Is the solenoid valve bad? Any more testing I can do?

How exactly do you have it plumbed? I believe it only holds fluid from coming back to the MC. Can you post a pic? I just put one in my car and it was a little trial and error before I got it to work.

Do you have it going to the fronts on the block? If it's hooked to the rear you can push the button and it will lock out fluid to the rear.

EDIT: How are you trying to apply it?

Just went and looked at mine. I have the same master in my 67 and I'm piped into the front side of the master. But I do have a manual proportioning valve and I didnt check the line routing.

I was told to make sure I mounted mine below the MC and the Porportioning valve. But I have no idea if it makes a difference
Good luck

you are depressing the brake pedal and then locking the line pressure right?

stupid question lol but you never know.

it should be a simple set up, the solenoid should have an in and an out. and you would plum it into the line that feeds the front brakes. run the activate button wires, depress brakes pedal, push the button to activate the solenoid which inturn locks the pressure in position. then push button again to release pressure.

try unhooking the brake lines from the solenoid and putting an air chuck (preferably with a rubber nipple to get a good seal) to the "in" side.....blow air into the valve and then flick the solenoid switch and see if it stops the air from passing through.

The top line on the proportioning valve is from the MC/line lock and it is the rear port on the MC.

Attachments

• DSC00945.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 438
did that and would not stop air from passing through, but air is alot thinner than brake fluid so I didn't know.

did that and would not stop air from passing through, but air is alot thinner than brake fluid so I didn't know.

true but it should at the least cut the air down passing through to atleast a whisper.....if its still gushing through than it sounds like you got a defective unit. (the line lock that is LOL).

I would send it back for another one.... after you do a little bit more trial and error testing of course......but I am thinking you got a crap part.

I have got 2 junk carburetors from summit in a row so It would not surprise me if some goober inspector working quality control passed a junk part.....just saying.

I already have a new one on its way.

Sounds like you are a man on a mission! I think you will find that the new one (hopefully) is the answer to your problem because as far as i can tell....you have installed it correctly and you have done trial and error that should have showed if something was installed wrong.

good luck and hope you get it figured out, keep us updated.

Most of the time when I set mine I pump the brakes 3 times then depress the button. Even then a lot of times I will have to jab the brake petal to get it to hold.

Parts did not show up today from Jegs, but I'm leaving for the Carlisle National show tomorrow. I'll get back to work on the line lock when I get back.

The new jegs line lock solenoid works great and I was able to install in much closer to the MC. I post some new pictures tonight.

-
Back