New member from Oregon

-
L

LostSparkle

Hi i have a 64 dart wagon and i use it as my daily driver. Last night she started to sputter any time i would tuch the gas. She smells like she is burning gas and if i try to push her hard i will hear a metal thud sound. im worried if i dont get it fixed asap she will brake down on me. Please can anyone help?

Welcome to FABO! It sound like the motor might be warn out and could have a bad bearing. The fuel smell is gas flowby probably from bad valves.

Ok thank you. im going to sound stupid for this but what do i do if my motor is worn out? Can i put her to bed early so she gets more sleep? :toothy10:

brring rich? will it idle without you holding the gas down some? maybe the needle and seat have dirt in them and your flooding the motor. whats the oil smell like? where's the metal sound coming from? could it be when running rough the exhaust is hitting something?

For the most part she wil idle but its verry jerky. He metal sound is coming from anywhere from my frount seet to my engen bay. So are you saying that it might not be all that bad?

well if its really running rough and your motor mounts are old and on the soft side then its possible that the exhaust may be hitting something and making noises. but its really hard to tell not hearing the noise for myself.

When i got under her hood i fixed the timing and found that the bolts on my carb where loose. After i fixed them i pulled the throttle and she seemed to be running just fine. So thank you guys ill keep what you said in mind and start trying to keep up on her more!

When i got under her hood i fixed the timing and found that the bolts on my carb where loose. After i fixed them i pulled the throttle and she seemed to be running just fine. So thank you guys ill keep what you said in mind and start trying to keep up on her more!

Good to hear it wasn't the whole engine. Sound like some simple fixes.

Are you sure you don't want to rebuild it? J.K. :read2:

Welcome to a great site from another Oregonian.. What part of Oregon are you from....And glad to hear oyu were able to get it fixed

I live in Oregon City! Ill have some pics up soon!

I used to drill at an armory in Oregon city before Barbara Bonehead Roberts a former Gov. of Oregon had it shut down.

Anyway I live in San Antonio now........Don't Mess With TEXAS!

Welcome from an Oregonian who remembers the good ole days in Oregon.

Oregon City son! Starting to represent on this site! What colors your wagon? I may have seen it around.

LostSparkle, welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here. Great site with great people and the best Mopar techs you'll find anywhere.

NE Oregon Says Hello up here in the cold and snowy corner of the GREAT State of OREGON.

I used to drill at an armory in Oregon city before Barbara Bonehead Roberts a former Gov. of Oregon had it shut down.

Anyway I live in San Antonio now........Don't Mess With TEXAS!

Welcome from an Oregonian who remembers the good ole days in Oregon.

Dude i use to live in El Paso Texas for two years lol!

Oregon City son! Starting to represent on this site! What colors your wagon? I may have seen it around.

She use to be powder blue. but right now she is primer gray. She is verry hard to miss

Welcome from Wa state.Work used to take me all over Oregon back in the 90s .I was always amazed at how many mopars i used to see around every where in Oregon.P.S. What the hell happened to state in the RoseBowl?? Oh well they had a hell of a season!

Small world, big states LOL! What is your home turf originally?

Im grew up in Canby Oregon, Moved to Texas when i got married,and moved to Oregon City when i got devorced! Been here for three years and will give my left arm never to go back to Texas!

-
Back