New member from PNW

-

ShortShot

Reaction score
Greetings All,
Been lurking for a couple of weeks and thought I'd chime in. Have had mopars most of my life (both older and new) and decided I finally needed to pick up a project car. Found a 1975 Dart Sport with a straight body with the normal wear and tear, some surface rust on the hood/roof/trunk in the lovely E9 Vintage Red colour. Actually the colour is growing on me. :) All the brightwork is in great shape, no dents.

The seller had already started some work and upgraded to an 8 3/4 3:55 rear end with moser (spelling) axels and green bearings and new leaf springs. Disc brakes on all four corners.

Current plan is to preserve the body since I cannot afford a full paint job right now and don't have the skills. Will be swapping out the slant 6 and 4 speed manual and restoring the interior and all the other minor repairs and make a driver/bracket racer out of it.

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, you are 'another one' clear across the great divide, LOL. Used to go to "pull your lip" for the "big" "hamfest" (amateur radio fleamart) there in the fairgrounds.

Glad to see another late model dart!
Welcome!
Where at in the PNW?
Yakima here!

Welcome! Sounds a lot of money has been put into her! That makes it a great starting point.

I love my 75, the late models are a diamond in the rough. Plus they are dirt cheap compared to the earlier ones.

Welcome to the site, great bunch of techs here and helpful people if you have problems. If you plan on swapping that slant for a V8 and if I were you I would find yourself a good and abundant 360, they are much cheaper and more available than a 340 and with the right parts will out perform a 340 fairly easily. My 76 Dart Sport used to be a slant 6 and now has a 360 with about 350 HP. It's a blast to drive.

-
Back