New Member from the South, and I brought my Fish!

-

ApriliaRider

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. Lifetime Mopar guy, having had '74 (318), '72 (318), and 71 (440) Chargers in my youth. . . and a Slant 6 Dart which gave its life to save mine. I grew up, but my love of wrenches didn't so even with four kids, I had to get back into the garage. It was time to spend some time working on *something* with my son. I looked a several basket case Chargers when I stumbled across this Lady about five miles from work.

Apparently, I was asking the wrong question because what I really wanted was a 1967 Barracuda Convertible with a 273 2-BBL with a console shift A904 in it. Even in her daily driver condition, she starts and idles as well as most commuter cars I've owned. Her previous owner had her in the stable for forty-four years and maintained her mechanically. Now I will be shopping for appearances (interior pieces, somebody in Georgia to do body work) and will go back to the original Plymouth medium turquoise paint.

Even in her current condition, people will roll down their windows at a light to complement the car. I can't say that I've had a car that genuinely makes other people smile like that. Already, My Fish is the best auto buy I've ever made.

Fish Day One April 2023.jpg

Thank you for the welcome. Lifetime Mopar guy, having had '74 (318), '72 (318), and 71 (440) Chargers in my youth. . . and a Slant 6 Dart which gave its life to save mine. I grew up, but my love of wrenches didn't so even with four kids, I had to get back into the garage. It was time to spend some time working on *something* with my son. I looked a several basket case Chargers when I stumbled across this Lady about five miles from work.

Apparently, I was asking the wrong question because what I really wanted was a 1967 Barracuda Convertible with a 273 2-BBL with a console shift A904 in it. Even in her daily driver condition, she starts and idles as well as most commuter cars I've owned. Her previous owner had her in the stable for forty-four years and maintained her mechanically. Now I will be shopping for appearances (interior pieces, somebody in Georgia to do body work) and will go back to the original Plymouth medium turquoise paint.

Even in her current condition, people will roll down their windows at a light to complement the car. I can't say that I've had a car that genuinely makes other people smile like that. Already, My Fish is the best auto buy I've ever made.

View attachment 1716130402

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

-
Back