New member from Virginia

-

69Bcuda

Reaction score
After years of viewing the site as a visitor, I finally joined. I live in Mechanicsville, Va. I have a 69 Barracuda Notchback as well as a 79 Power Wagon. I grew up around Mopars and have worked on several projects over the years.

History of my car:
Originally: 318/904/7.25 Now: 360/727/8.75

Bought by my dad in 1984 from his cousin. The car was in rough but drive-able condition. The car actually belonged to his wife (her first car) who bought it from the original owner. Our cousin's wife told me that she was embarrassed to drive the car during the day because of the color. She still doesn't understand why we like the car.

My dad started work on it but family and time constraints got in the way. I took it over some time around 1992. The car was stored in a pole barn so I just picked up from where my dad left off. We put a high mileage 318 in it that my dad gave me and got it ready to go back on the road. I drove it in high school and then an accident caused me to start a complete overhaul.

The paint was finally finished in 2002 and I had the car back on the road in 2003. The 7.25 rear was replaced with a 8.75 A body rear. In 2004 I replaced the tired 318 with a mild 360. A built 727 replaced the 904 a short time after. Since then I've just been enjoying it and upgrading things as time and finances allow. I have 3 young kids who enjoy going to cruise-ins and car shows. I look forward to the day when my two 3 y/o old sons can participate more. My dad has a 67 convertible which he doesn't have time to restore but hopefully I can do the restoration with the kids when they get older.

I will post some pictures later.

These pictures are a few years old.

Attachments

• IMG_0130 (1).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 180
Welcome to FABO neighbor! :hello2:

I live out in Powhatan, just west of Richmond, Virginia.

Make sure you bring that 69 Notch out to Mopar Madness this year.
It is September 19th, 2015 at Virginia Motorsports Park.

burg

Welcome from Texas. I'm a former Virginian, living in Texas now. Post more pictures of your second gen 'fish.

Welcome to FABO neighbor! :hello2:

I live out in Powhatan, just west of Richmond, Virginia.

Make sure you bring that 69 Notch out to Mopar Madness this year.
It is September 19th, 2015 at Virginia Motorsports Park.

burg

Burg,

I've been to that show in the past but it has been several years. Hopefully I will be able to attend this year.

-
Back