New member from Wi.

-

rod440

Reaction score
Hi all,I've been lurking on here for a while,finally signed up today.My son & I have been working on a '72 Duster for the last couple of years,bought it w/o motor/trans,was supposed to be a beater/driver,but one thing led to another,next thing you know its totally diassembled & laying all over the shop! Has this happened to any of you guys? Rod in Wi.

Welcome to FABO, you couldn't have picked a better group to join for all the information you need or want.

Welcome O Ya its happened to me more than once.I usally get them back together. LOL Jim

Do you mean something like this???

Dart_chopped.jpg

Welcome Rod and son, good luck with the duster. If you need any powder or ceramic coating let me know we are only about a 100 miles from ya. Take care Ed

Welcome Rod and son. Nice to have more members from WI.. And yes, we all seem to have the same problem. rod440:quote["was supposed to be a beater/driver,but one thing led to another,next thing you know its totally diassembled & laying all over the shop!"] Enjoy the project, it should be very rewarding working with your son.

I know what you're going through. I'm doing my 68 Dart now. It started as a just get it running project too. Here I am, 3 years and several thousand dollars later. But it's beginning to look as if I might finish it this summer. Welcome to the site. Also from Wi. Kiel.

Welcome aboard, I think you will find that the same scenario has happened to a good many members on this site as well as others, why do you think parts are harder to come by and more expensive. But the results are awesome! Enjoy the site!

Welcome Rod! Im sure a lot of us have been in your shoes at some point. Post some pics when you get a chance. Enjoy the site!!

Hey guys,thanks for making us feel welcome! We've been having a lot of fun with with this project,even though it's kind of gotton out of hand,glad to know we're not alone there,lol! Look forward to meeting some of you guys in person in the near future! Here are a few photos of our project from last Friday.

DSCN0621 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0628 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0633 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0636 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0637 (Medium).JPG

Looking great Ron, And we enjoy our four leggier friends here to.
Glad to have you on board with us. :thumblef:

Welcome! I'm also stuck in WI lol don't miss the Jefferson Swap Meet this weekend. My dad and brother and I have had that problem with the cars. Between his dozen Mopars, my moms 73 Dart Sport, my brothers 72 swinger and my 74 duster we pretty much never have an open shop bay. Sometimes we wonder where all this stuff came from lol we suck at selling stuff. Enjoy the project, 3 years ago mine was a bare beat up shell til me and family got into it.

Hey, man. Yeah, I think just about everybody knows how a small project grows into a big one. I'm in the Oconomowoc area. Might skip Jefferson this weekend though. Saturday is Green Day.

Check my web site. It should look familiar. http://www.fourbarrel.com

Welcome aboard to another Wisconsite. I'm just a little north
of you. Rhinelander.
Was going to be in your area this weekend, but it don't look
to good, to go to the strip. Maybe next friday for the real
street drags.

-
Back