New member here.

-

DeafGryphon

Reaction score
Hellos and greets all, my name is Gryphon, retired since 2012 because of disability. Very happily married to a true southern-belle blonde for nearly 17 years with a teenage daughter.
Thankfully wife and daughter loves muscle cars as much as I do.

I was a truck driver for 8 years and a Mopar fan all my life, beginning from my dad owning a 1966 Charger with a 426 Hemi 4 speed car he used as his police pursuit vehicle when he was a police officer in the 1960s just before I was born. (I’ll try to get the pics from my sister of that car sometime.)

I’ve had a number of Dodges and Plymouth’s in my life. From a 1991ish Dodve Shadow V6, to a 1989 Turbo Voyager with a manual trans, ( wish I had that, but minivan had a busted rear housing, and I couldn’t fix it as I was on unemployment at the time, it’s on my old YouTube channel.) My personal favourite was my 1973 Plymouth Scamp with the 318 auto. Copper penny brown with a tan top and interior, I loved that car.

Now that I’m happily married, my wife has an interest in Dusters, as she seen a video of one in Ocean City, Va. on YouTube. I already got her a 2019 Toyota Sienna this past December, but if my wife likes something, I’ll try to get it when I can.

So when my SSDI case is settled, possibly by summer, I’ll be combing these sale ads here for a preferred V8 Duster with a 4 speed, possibly as close to stock or lightly modded if possible.

Thank you everyone for letting me join,
DeafGryphon <><

1 Corinthians 15: 1-4

2B380EF8-663C-4593-938D-8F005311B1BC.jpeg

6F55DE41-1C27-48D4-9610-64CB1D2E0D12.jpeg

876F8B0E-54E8-4B3A-AD3D-6B2383B384B0.jpeg

3DA01F0D-E95C-4305-A6BE-FF2748695F56.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from Northeast Arkansas, enjoy this great site and the cool members

Don't count out these early A bodies

20200417_214939.jpg

Welcome aboard from Northeast Arkansas, enjoy this great site and the cool members

Thank you very much mate, and I was reading one of the projects of someone putting in a new Challenger 392 and 6 speed into a Duster.

I am drooling, as I love the 392 Challengers as well, my fav is not the Hellcat, but the 2011 IE model with a 6 speed manual.

Cheers,

Put a 6 speed in a 1970 flat hood Barracuda and hide the 392 and I would be a happy fellow.

Don't count out these early A bodies

View attachment 1715511742
Oh I love them too... I do like the rounded headlight style of them.

I ‘think’ my Mother-in-law (such a sweetheart...) had a mid 60s Dart or Valiant with the slant 6 and push button trans in it, absolutely Bulletproof.

A good friend in the early 90s had a Dart 4 door with the same 225 engine in it, and last time I saw it then it had nearly 470,000 miles on it, but the car was starting to rust out in the quarters.

Cheers mate

Welcome from North Dakota Gryphon make yourself at home beer in the fridge so enjoy the fun.

Welcome from The Mitten, glad to have you with us! I think you’ll find all the Duster love you need here, and more to spare. I just saw a nice little 73 Duster for sale for $3250. A wheel and tire change and it looked ready for action!

Welcome from The Mitten, glad to have you with us! I think you’ll find all the Duster love you need here, and more to spare. I just saw a nice little 73 Duster for sale for $3250. A wheel and tire change and it looked ready for action!

Oooooo nice, like I said im waiting for my SSDI case to finalize when ever the courts start up again for Social Security. They closed the courts on Friday, and my case was scheduled for that following Tuesday.
Talk about bad luck... but what's good is whenever the SS courts start up again, my case will be one of the first heard.

After 6 years straight working thru red tape, I hope this is the last time I need to fool with my case.

-
Back