New member in North Idaho

-

ThomasTedder

Reaction score
Guess who just found his old Dodge Dart in some guys field after an eight year hiatus. This guy.

Yep, the exact same one. I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store. It still had my old insurance card in the globe box. I bought it in the late 90s when it was real nice. I used to listen to 8 tracks in it. It came with a whole box of them. My first date with my wife was in that car 15 years ago. I drove it for a few years and banged it up a little. I eventually sold it to my wife's mother and she drove it for a few more years. After she sold it, it sat around outside for a few more years.

I've been thinking of getting another one, but I really wanted MY old dart. We placed an ad saying we were looking for it Sunday. We got a call that same day from the guy that had it. My mother in law lives nearby and verified that it was indeed MY OLD DART! I blew off work Monday and drove 5 hours to buy it back. It's funny, I sold it for $175 and paid $1,800 to get it back in worse shape.

I got it home today and it fired right up! After 10 minutes, it stopped smoking and smoothed right out. I'm driving it to work tomorrow! This weekend I'll be tooling away.

When my 68 Charger gets finished next year, I'll start the resto on the dart.

Does he have a name, too?

And you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that Charger? :poke:

edit: I realized it might sound like I'm trying to be a smart *** with the name question. Not so. Just curious.

Does he have a name, too?

And you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that Charger? :poke:

edit: I realized it might sound like I'm trying to be a smart *** with the name question. Not so. Just curious.

I used to call it something a long time ago, but I can't remember now. Here's the latest pic of the Charger. I'm hoping to be driving it by Spring.

Attachments

• IMG_129211.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to FABO! I lived in Lewiston for 3 years 1993 - 1996.

Great to hear you got him back! Nice looking Charger!!!:glasses7:

-
Back