New Member Introduction

-

BB69

Reaction score
I would like to introduce myself to the members, as I will probably be asking for a fair amount of information.

I am part of a new motorsports team at Oakland University here in Michigan. We are actually right in the backyard of the DCX headquarters. Our motorsports team has many objectives, but the main goals are to get high school students interested in engineering; provide real experience for current engineers; and to keep the Detroit heritage alive through the use of muscle cars.

The first two cars we bought were a 1968 Dodge Dart and a 1998 Dodge Neon. The Neon is destined for road racing at the local road course. The Dart's first challenge is to be ready for the upcoming Power Tour. It currently has a 225in3 slant six, but we are hoping to upgrade with the help of our sponsors.

I'll be honest and let you know that I don't know much about the Mopars as I have never owned one. Unlike some of the die hards who believe in only one brand, I am a fan of all the old muscle cars and anything else that is fast and otherwise interesting. I currently own a couple 69 Chevy cars, but also have a late model Dodge "muscle" car, the SRT4. To top it off, we have a 2500 Cummins diesel for the heavy lifting. My wife, a DCX employee, believes we need a Hemi Cuda to round things out. She is still a little sticker shocked though, after I showed her what they sell for.

As the Dart progresses over the next weeks and months, I hope to come up to speed on the Mopars.

Thanks
Ken

Welcome aboard Ken,

You will find a vast amount of knowledge on this board. But more important is, you will find a vast amount of members who will post that knowledge. So ask away. You will get a good answer to most all of your questions.

Jack

Welcome to the board! :D
Hope you have a good sense of humor we like to bust on each other on this board,but it's all in good fun.

Like Mopower said: :worthles:

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 71 340 Duster w/ 727. Just found this place and think I might of found a new home.

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the site.... Your wife wants a Hemi Cuda !!!... I need to get her to talk to my wife about buying a Hemi Cuda. Let's just say she has a healthy attitude, I recommend you keep her...

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome to the site Mopar471... how about some pics guys....?

As soon as I get a digital Camera I will post some photos. The Duster is Sherwood green and black with a black gut. 41,000 miles and a matching motor, trans and rear with all the original sheet metal. It does have 1 repaint and the hood callout added. Thanks for the welcome. My wife booked a week at the shore starting 07/08/05, so I cant hit Carlisle, but will be at E-town next month. I look forward to meeting all that are attending.

Thanks for all the replies. I will try to get some pics up.

Well, things are moving a little slowly with our sponsor. We are hoping to have a meeting with them this week. After that, hopefully we will be able to make everything public.

Thanks again.
Ken

Welcome, I'm brand new myself and the guys on this forum are extremely knowledgeable and a good batch of people.

-
Back