New member NorCal 72 Duster

-

Jhenry70

Reaction score
Hi all:

New member and new owner of a 72 Duster. It's in pieces, has an Alston Racing sub frame kit and tub kit. Always been a Chevy Truck fan but have recently been converted by some friends that have been trying to get me to go Mopar for some time now. I'm loving it so far! The hunt for parts is on and I'm having a blast. It's got a slant six in it now but I've got a 318 and 904 tranny waiting to be dropped in.

This forum has been an awesome resource for an a body newbie like myself. All of your posts and years of experience to draw from is very helpful!

Located in Northern California.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 109
A nice small block would do. If your changing everything stuff a big block in it you won't regret it.

Welcome to the site, we have a little in common. I have a 71 Duster, bought in pieces, ie no Kframe, eng, trans, /6 converted to V-8, was set up for a 727 but I'm going 904. I'm also a Chevy Truck fan, when the Duster gets done though it will get the garage, can't fit the 89 Suburban in it! 318 is a great motor, they can GO!!!

I might go big block later on. My goal right now is to get it rolling and do the body work and paint while I got the 318 on the stand. Going to get the /6 started before I pull it and get some video of it running. More than likely it will be sold to help fund some of the other items I need like grille and tail lights.

Welcome aboard, take a look around and enjoy the great tech's and folks gathered here.

-
Back