new member w/tire size question

-

johninky

Reaction score
Recently inherited a 72 Dodge Demon that has been garaged for 20 years. Tires now on car are 195/75/14 that are at least 20 years old and need replaced. I have a set of nearly new Michelin 195/60/14 bought for another car and never used. Wondering how the Demon would look with this much smaller tire. Really hate buying another set of tires for a car that probably will never be used. Wife has childhood memories of riding in it with her grandparents who bought the car new.

Interesting site. The Demon is red with a 3-speed (shifter on the floor) and has the /six engine. Car has only 30K miles with no rust whatsoever and for the most part looks almost new.

sounds like a nice demon. the tires should be fine just slightly lower. put up some pictures when you get a chance. welcome aboard!

If my math is right, the new tires will be over 2" shorter than the old ones. This will cause your speedometer to read about 10% faster than you are really going. This is assuming the old tires are the proper size, & I'm pretty sure they are.

:burnout:

Welcome to the best site going.
Sound's like a very nice car, Congrads :thumbup:
Put the tire's on and make some new memories.
They should do fine.

I would like to take a peek too. :salute:

I'll attempt to post a photo someday when the weather is better. Just too cold to be fooling with the car at the moment. The last time and only the second time I had to car on the road the rear differential shook so badly at around 45mph I thought the driveshaft was coming out. I'm assuming the violent shaking was caused by tires since all 4 where flat when I first started working on the car.

Welcome to the club. Here's an idea, make that Demon so nice your wife will want to ride in it. As for the tires, you can use them, you probably wont like them, but it will keep you rolling until you are ready to dig in and get 'er done. And yes, your speedo will be off. Enjoy the site.

I believe the Demon to come stock with a E70-14 which equals a 205/70-14
Just to give you a idea of where you are at.

Welcome to the site. Just be careful, not sure if Memike wants to take a peek at the car or the new memories. ha ha ha
Jeff

sounds like you may have a future project in your hands. Put the smaller ruber on for now until the bug hits you, then you will need a bigger motor and larger meats!

-
Back