New Member with a 63 Valiant

-

Calliway

Reaction score
Hi All,
New member to the board. Just purchased a 63 Valiant Convertable. Its in great shape with pretty much everything mechanical rebuilt. Love the car.

I have some demons to get out of it as the fuel guage, speedo and temp guage don't seem to work....I'll be using the search engine a ton to see what info is here to help me fix these things.

Its a Canadian Valiant so it appears to have a Valiant nose and a Dart arse.

Welcome! Sweet find, can't be many '63 Canadian convertibles out there anymore....

Welcome to FABO, post some pics when you get a chance. I have a few of those Canadian Valiants for parts cars if you need anything.

There are electrical differences and some other mechanical quirks to the pre-'67 Canadian cars. Fuel and temp gauge both not working usually means the instrument cluster voltage regulator is faulty. It's built into the gauge on this car, though a separate (and upgraded electronic) external unit can be retrofitted without much difficulty. Of course, the voltage limiter could be fine and the gauges themselves or their senders or wiring could be faulty.

Tune-up parts and technique suggestions in this thread. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download. Upgrade chit-chat here.

Welcome to what I have seen to be the best of the best sites going.
Allot of help as you can see by great tec's along with some great people from around the world.
Awaiting picture I agree goldfish :cheers: There can't be many '63 Canadian convertibles out there anymore.

Hey thank you guys so much. I am going to test the senders tomorrow on the guages but if they test out then I am definately interested in the regulator modification....

70 Dart Mike, I really need a round tail light lens and I need a left front bolt on bumperette. I also need one red sun visor. If anyone has that stuff then I am in the market.

I am also in the market for some SBP 15X6 or 7 mags. I like the C5 Coys.

Here are some pictures.

Valiant01.jpg

Valiant02.jpg

Valiant03.jpg

Valiant04.jpg

Ignore the skate lace battery hold down. That was a "oh crap, no battery hold down, what do I have in the truck to get it home...."

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Just Home Passenger Side Rear 3 QTR.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 104
-
Back