new member with questions

-

foxhunter

foxhunter
Reaction score
Hi,Just found this sight. I have a question. I have a b5 blue 69 fastback with original numbers matching 383/auto that is a driver. In the barn sits a rust free black on black 4 speed 69 fastback with original trans, date code correct 383(not numbers matching) that is begging to be restored. I have always wanted a customized black fastback with modern engine/trans/brakes and suspension with maybe a supercharged 5.7 or a 6.1 that I could drive anywhere anytime. This black car has everything I need to return it to bone stock however.
So the question is,do I turn this rare car in to the car I want, or sell it to someone who will make it stock and return it to original condition, then try to find something less rare to convert? I doubt I will ever find another fast back this solid though.

Wow man heavy 1st post. Welcome aboard :cheers:

Salvation for the black-back in any form is a good thing. I'm a "build it how you want it" guy myself, but if it's really eating at you, just keep the original parts to put back on it if you sell it. Besides, you may just make someones day that is looking to build a stocker if you sell the parts. Although you might just make enough money to build your dream car if you clean it up and sell it.

Basically I'm saying "save it from the barn and worry about the particulars later"

Welcome to FABO! An original big block A body is going to be worth way more stock then modified.

If you want something you can drive anywhere anytime you need to restore the black car as close to original as possible.
If you want to live under the hood with a lot of aftermarket performance stuff, paint the blue car black and have at it. LOL just my .02
Welcome by the way

No brainer !!!!

If these are original big block A-bodies,bring them back to there original glory !!!!!

The black one is probably worth about $1500.00,what time should I pick it up ?

Sorry Johnny Dart my bid stands at $1501.00. Yes it is your car build it like you want it. There are so many rusting out and being crushed now, that I say any one saved is one saved, I dont care its done. ENJOY YOUR RIDE. Life is too short.:toothy10:

I say don't fix up for an investment, fix up to enjoy. Weither thats bone stock or modified. How will YOU enjoy the car best? Keep all the parts so IF you ever want to sell, some one else can make that same choice you had to make.
Oh just my .01 worth. I'm cheap
And welcome to the best place on the net. CAR **** that is...

I wouldn't swap a BB A body car to a newer set up. I'd sell one of them, buy a /6 or 318 body and do the 5.7/6.1 swap on that.

Which to sell, tough choice. The Black car has a certain desirability because of color. The blue car being all numbers matching...

Welcome!

I only customize the ones that are plentyfull or in real bad shape. If it's rare keep it stock

to Johnny dart and Duck buster. What generous offers!! multiply by 10 and I'll consider it. guess from the feedback stock is the way to go. In that case I will probably sell it to someone with the energy to restore it.

to Johnny dart and Duck buster. What generous offers!! multiply by 10 and I'll consider it. guess from the feedback stock is the way to go. In that case I will probably sell it to someone with the energy to restore it.

Lol....

Seriously,go price some big block Darts. There not cheap. Again no brainer.

Save the experiments for the /6 & 318 cars.

-
Back